K1 Battery Grip

PeteL

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 11:55
Battery Grip D-BG 6 available. Picked up mine this morning from Cambrian Photography in North Wales

Papa_Lazarou

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 12:14
Congrats. Still waiting for SRS to receive mine.
My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/philnmorgan/

PeteL

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 14:48
Papa_Lazarou wrote:
Congrats. Still waiting for SRS to receive mine.

I had just gone in to buy a new Pentax Neoprene Camera strap as my old ones are wearing out. So I was surprised when they told me my grip had arrived yesterday. I was waiting for SRS to announce they had them in before asking my local shop if mine had arrived.
Just as an aside, I mentioned to the shop assistant about the problem re- the Sigma 70-200. He said Sigma would upgrade the chip for free.
Regards-PeteL
Last Edited by PeteL on 07/05/2016 - 14:56

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 17:40
Ahhh Cambrian, my other favourite shop...it's the only attraction left in Bae Colwyn
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

Mike-P

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 18:02
PeteL wrote:
Just as an aside, I mentioned to the shop assistant about the problem re- the Sigma 70-200. He said Sigma would upgrade the chip for free.
Regards-PeteL

In every case that I have read previously about Sigma lenses not working on new cameras they have only upgraded the chip for free if the user was the original buyer with proof of purchase. If not then there is a charge.

It would be nice if they do it for free but I wouldn't bank on it.
. My Flickr

PeteL

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 18:59
ilovesaabs wrote:
Ahhh Cambrian, my other favourite shop...it's the only attraction left in Bae Colwyn

That and Toad Hall pub!

PeteL

Link Posted 07/05/2016 - 19:11
Mike-P wrote:
PeteL wrote:
Regards-PeteL

In every case that I have read previously about Sigma lenses not working on new cameras they have only upgraded the chip for free if the user was the original buyer with proof of purchase. If not then there is a charge.

It would be nice if they do it for free but I wouldn't bank on it.

He didn't elaborate, We were just discussing my experience with the K1 as he was going out with one to try himself and I just happened to mention it.
At least it can be fixed
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.