Can I come Home Please???

K10D
Posted 16/02/2012 - 02:17 Link
jules wrote:
Been to Nikon Canon Sony and Back in the Last eighteen Months!
FF (Hate the Term) and APSC but I have not been happy with any of it, a Sony A77 and A850 were the last straw!
I was going to buy a Sony 850 as a backup for my Maxum 7D until I tried one. Even the reports said they were very noisy but I thought best to try for oneself.

Odd taht Sony make some fine sensors yet can't use them to best effect.

What Nikon did you try as I'm very happy with the kit I use.

As for Canon, I'd take up painting before I'd buy a Canon DSLR.

Sounds like you have had your fingers and wallet burnt.

Welcome back

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
jules
Posted 16/02/2012 - 06:55 Link
K10D wrote:
jules wrote:
Been to Nikon Canon Sony and Back in the Last eighteen Months!
FF (Hate the Term) and APSC but I have not been happy with any of it, a Sony A77 and A850 were the last straw!
I was going to buy a Sony 850 as a backup for my Maxum 7D until I tried one. Even the reports said they were very noisy but I thought best to try for oneself.

Odd taht Sony make some fine sensors yet can't use them to best effect.

What Nikon did you try as I'm very happy with the kit I use.

As for Canon, I'd take up painting before I'd buy a Canon DSLR.

Sounds like you have had your fingers and wallet burnt.

Welcome back

Best regards
Depends which period were talking about really, I've had over the last four years a D3 (too big) D700, lovely but underwhelming (Viewfinder irksome) D300s, lovely Camera, and latterly a 7000. Which needed a windscreen wiper to wipe the grease off the sensor that i flung fom the shutte mechanism after every days shooting. Nikon would not acknowledge the problem and told me it was dust and my fault!!!
Then they iced it by locking my Nikon Capture because I'd installed it too many times! (I have a Degree in Computer Science and spend a lot of time building my own PC's).
Been using Digital Nikon, pretty much since they came out and I know dust bunnies, anyway I got rid of it all and couldn't be more glad, never going back to them again, I'd sooner just hang up the shooting vest (Rant Ends)...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Edited by jules: 16/02/2012 - 06:57
K10D
Posted 16/02/2012 - 07:12 Link
Sounds like you had one of the early D7000's with the oil issue for sure. Yes the D3 is a beast hence I went with a D700.

Thanks for the info as you have really made me happy. I have yet to have an issue with my own kit (famous last words)and I normally end up with the dogs.

As for the monies you've spent, well done that man! Hope you will find peace and contentment with your new kit.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
jules
Posted 16/02/2012 - 08:24 Link
D700 is a fine Camera, My only gripe as I said was the viewfinder but coming from a D3 to that one, you can probably see (Pun) where I'm coming from. The D700 has the ability to shoot in light levels that would amaze anyone who first tries it as I'm sure you know. I flogged mine for a 5D MKII Which was a big mistake! It's like a Rebel on Steriods, no idea what I was thinking there
Pixel chasing probably... Another big mistake...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Edited by jules: 16/02/2012 - 08:25
jeeess1967
Posted 16/02/2012 - 09:23 Link
Jules, Welcome back. Better late than never. A right decision and thanks to the lady for pushing you back to the best. And always remember what Socrates had said.

Regards,

Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.
jules
Posted 16/02/2012 - 09:46 Link
jeeess1967 wrote:
Jules, Welcome back. Better late than never. A right decision and thanks to the lady for pushing you back to the best. And always remember what Socrates had said.

Regards,

Jeeess
He He:arrow: He also should have said something about coats and cloth too!
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Rees
Posted 16/02/2012 - 10:27 Link
Welcome Back Jules, but what made you venture away in the first place?
You said it yourself when you looked at your hard drive and saw all those glorious Pentax images there!
Not everything in life is Black & White, If only it were!
Kind Regards,
Rees
jules
Posted 16/02/2012 - 10:35 Link
Rees wrote:
Welcome Back Jules, but what made you venture away in the first place?
You said it yourself when you looked at your hard drive and saw all those glorious Pentax images there!
Like Mike P said the grass looks greener, also a certain amount of peer pressure from long time Nikon Users like myself (Nikon User 25 Yrs)and fellow Landscapers to go FF. (Still hate the term!)
Pentax was however First, an ME Super in 1979 I think?
So back to where I began... Again and on pain of Death if I ever sell up on a whim... again...
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Pentaxophile
Posted 16/02/2012 - 10:39 Link
With Pentax, your crop-sensor frame is always half full, not half empty!
Edited by Pentaxophile: 16/02/2012 - 10:39
K10D
Posted 16/02/2012 - 10:55 Link
jules wrote:
Rees wrote:
Welcome Back Jules, but what made you venture away in the first place?
You said it yourself when you looked at your hard drive and saw all those glorious Pentax images there!
Like Mike P said the grass looks greener, also a certain amount of peer pressure from long time Nikon Users like myself (Nikon User 25 Yrs)and fellow Landscapers to go FF. (Still hate the term!)
Pentax was however First, an ME Super in 1979 I think?
So back to where I began... Again and on pain of Death if I ever sell up on a whim... again...
Your better half is either an angel or very very tolerant. My better half is possibly both as I just mention a camera for Xmas, spring, summer or the weekend and it's a done deal.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo