Camera club talk

jeallen01

Link Posted 09/07/2018 - 22:18
derek897 wrote:
Cheers John,

I may be wrong but I have a feeling that it may be a bit more basic than you in the UK and the rest of the modern world might be used to. It is Ireland that we are talking about here, itll probably be in one of 2 places, Pub or cow shed

If it's a pub (or maybe even a cowshed - to keep the cows happy ) there'l probably be a big TV for the footie - and so a few HDMI inputs to which you could connect a laptop!
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 09/07/2018 - 22:20

Blythman

Link Posted 09/07/2018 - 23:57
I've done a few talks. I just quickly talk about my gear. More about focal lengths than brands. Then show lots of photographs. I give a little insight into the subject, and where appropriate how the photo was taken. They seemed to go down well. Feedback mentioned my obvious enthusiasm and knowledge of the subjects.

The one thing I would recommend is taking 3 copies of your images if possible. One on an SD, one on a usb, and also the laptop. Transferring to the club pc from your usb is the usual method. I have had to resort to the other files too though.
Alan

PPG
Flickr
Last Edited by Blythman on 09/07/2018 - 23:57

Helpful

jeallen01

Link Posted 10/07/2018 - 08:39
PS to Alan's post above - make sure you have strong antivirus protection on your laptop, and do deep scans of the laptop, SD card and USB drive, both before and after the talk to ensure your kit can't infect a club laptop or vice-versa.
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 10/07/2018 - 08:55
Hats off to everyone.
Great wealth of advice and tips and a super willingness to share.
Really do appreciate it 👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 10/07/2018 - 09:01
I think a little talk about your Avatar image would be really interesting too, a difficult but rewarding occupation...

Warning: this image was not taken with a Pentax
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dr_shutter/41322216690/in/dateposted/

LennyBloke

Helpful

derek897

Link Posted 10/07/2018 - 09:39
Cheers John, hmm would I get away with it being the Samsung clone of the old pentax s6 edge 😂😂😂😂
We ended up having a week of up and down the mountains with gorse fires,
Nothing like the difficulties ye had with the moor fires as ours had no depth to them due to the granite base of the mountains. For us its just hours of beating out fires and climbing
We did get one of the lads stuck in a bit of a sink hole up to his armpits, even with the extremely hot and dry weather. He got a little bit of slagging over that one.
And yes it really is rewarding. Most rewarding job I've ever had and I have tried more than a few, (I get bored 😂

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Derek
I know what i like, If not always why.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.