Camera bag that does not look like a camera bag?
Posted 15/03/2011 - 22:16
Link
I've always quite liked the 'ordinary bag' look of the National Geographic explorers.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 15/03/2011 - 22:32
Link
For £114 what more could you want?
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 15/03/2011 - 22:46
Link
I use one of the tough Tesco bags most often. Some of them even have pockets to stop the lens/bottles moving around!
Mind you my lenses are protected in individual CCS lens cases as well so the Tesco bag just keeps them together.
Mind you my lenses are protected in individual CCS lens cases as well so the Tesco bag just keeps them together.
Bob
Posted 15/03/2011 - 22:48
Link
Weird coincidence but I just received an email advert for an 'Any bag camera insert': http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/camera-bag-insert/
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 15/03/2011 - 22:51
Link
diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 16/03/2011 - 00:02
Link
Don wrote:
diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
I used a soft cooler bag last week at the beach. Inconspicuous to most people. I was waist deep in the sea and not always in full view of my kit.diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 16/03/2011 - 00:21
Link
K10D wrote:
Best regards
I use big coolers as packing cases. Pelican eat your heart out, 99.99% of the time, my gear is not at risk of being submerged, so why pay hundreds for a case when coolers pop up at yard sales for $5-$10?
Don wrote:
diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
I used a soft cooler bag last week at the beach. Inconspicuous to most people. I was waist deep in the sea and not always in full view of my kit.diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
Best regards
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 16/03/2011 - 02:19
Link
Don wrote:
My model aero engine collection is stored in large chest Igloo's. They make wonderfull storage cases and air virtually air tight.K10D wrote:
Best regards
I use big coolers as packing cases. Pelican eat your heart out, 99.99% of the time, my gear is not at risk of being submerged, so why pay hundreds for a case when coolers pop up at yard sales for $5-$10?Don wrote:
diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
I used a soft cooler bag last week at the beach. Inconspicuous to most people. I was waist deep in the sea and not always in full view of my kit.diaperbag, or throw your smaller camera bag into a bigger backpack or duffle bag.. then there are coolers... hard or soft coolers.
Best regards
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 16/03/2011 - 03:08
Link
I have the Lowepro Passport Sling and love it. It doesn't scream "big expensive camera in here", it is expandable, collapsible, and versatile. I can use it as both my camera bag plus my purse (I'm a woman), which is great, especially when flying and trying to keep luggage to a bare minimum. Mine hold my K-r with 55-300mm lens attached, plus my 50mm prime, 18-55mm, and a handful of accessories (cleaner, Raynox 150, Polarizing filter, etc) along with the general contents of my purse. It also has a water bottle and a couple of other compartments on the outside which are very handy. Over here in the US, it cost ~$50 at Best Buy.
Posted 16/03/2011 - 03:10
Link
Get a bag and paint on the side "This bag does not contain £3000 worth of camera equipment"
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 16/03/2011 - 06:45
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Get a bag and paint on the side "This bag does not contain £3000 worth of camera equipment"
Get a bag and paint on the side "This bag does not contain £3000 worth of camera equipment"
Posted 16/03/2011 - 08:23
Link
lowepro classified range, - great bags look like satchels...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 16/03/2011 - 13:22
Link
I'm looking into this too for an upcoming trip...the National Geographic MIDI sound like a decent option, maybe someone on here has used one?
http://www.fotosense.co.uk/national-geographic-ng-2345-midi-shoulder-bag.html
http://www.fotosense.co.uk/national-geographic-ng-2345-midi-shoulder-bag.html
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


148 posts
15 years
London
If anyone knows a good one that looks like a normal sling/shoulder bag (and is reasonably priced), please let me know. I have been looking around for one in vain.
Thanks a ton.
My Flickr
My PPG
The Rotary Shutter