Birmingham & Solihull User Group ?

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 25/02/2008 - 20:43
Hi folks. I am relatively new to photography but after spending time with Mark Bauer, Landscape Photographer (Dorset) ...I'm ready and able. So, is there anyone out there who might be interested in a user group for (North?) Birmingham and Solihull region ?

It would be great to set one up and meet other users, bounce and exchange ideas and techniques, tips etc

just to let you know how I feel about photography? I've spent a lot on new kit, impulsively I get up on Sunday mornings at 4am and shoot to North wales for a day and come back late, I visit Swanage (Dorset) as often as I can (I'm there again late April)....I am concentrating of landscapes mainly and not so much on post-photo stuff as yet. I am eager, determined!!

Any one?

johnriley

Link Posted 25/02/2008 - 21:10
Unfortunately I'm not that close to the area, but I can say welcome to the forum!
Best regards, John

timbo

Link Posted 04/06/2008 - 07:44
Hi

I live and work in that area so would be interested in meeting you, and going on some of the photo trips you describe.

Do get in touch.

Tim

Charlie

Link Posted 07/07/2008 - 17:19
Count me in too, if you get anything together!

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 07/07/2008 - 21:21
will do!

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 28/09/2008 - 18:08
Timbo and myself met up today at Chesterton Mill, near Harbury. It's a nice mill to photograph although the weather wasn't perfect I dare say that we will be able to produce something interesting from the shots we took. If anyone, in the North Birmingham and/or Solihull regions are interested in joining us , please contact either myself or Timbo.
ab uno disce omnes

user_removed

Link Posted 09/12/2008 - 11:43
Hi
Nice to hear about forming a group of pentaxian in Solihull Birmingham
area.You can pencil me too.
All the Best

Vikram
Last Edited by user_removed on 11/12/2008 - 12:08

DaveKitson

Link Posted 09/12/2008 - 19:21
PentaxAmPho wrote:
So, is there anyone out there who might be interested in a user group for (North?) Birmingham and Solihull region ?

It would be great to set one up and meet other users, bounce and exchange ideas and techniques, tips etc

Hi,
I live in Lichfield but would be interested to hear what's going on with a view to joining in.

dave
My PBase: www.pbase.com/davekitson

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 11/12/2008 - 20:17
no problems Dave,Vikram . I am preoccupied with work/job at present so I am not actively going out now until early next year (Jan-Mar). I'll keep you posted anyway. It is very likely that I will be going down to Dorset again (cheap BnBs, Jan-Mar) for a couple of days. Anyone interested in that? (in principle).....or any other suggestions.

I might be a good idea to meet up anyway, soemwhere central, for a chat n coffee etc (me and Timbo have already met up before). I like to get to know what/how other people think about photography, discuss interests or which areas really good you going etc . Shall we meet up first for coffee etc? I dont mind either..
ab uno disce omnes

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 11/12/2008 - 20:19
DaveKitson wrote:

Hi,
I live in Lichfield but would be interested to hear what's going on with a view to joining in.

btw, Dave. Isn't there a good photography club in Lichfield?
ab uno disce omnes

user_removed

Link Posted 11/12/2008 - 21:49
Hi
Good Idea, Let us meet somewhere suitable to all of us.

All the Best

Vikram

DaveKitson

Link Posted 13/12/2008 - 00:01
PentaxAmPho wrote:
DaveKitson wrote:

Hi,

btw, Dave. Isn't there a good photography club in Lichfield?

There is a Lichfield Camera Club..I was thinking about going along in the new year to "suss it out"

DaveKitson

Link Posted 13/12/2008 - 00:02
Vikramkeshvala wrote:
Hi
Good Idea, Let us meet somewhere suitable to all of us.

All the Best

Vikram

I'm up for it (subject to the when & where)

dave

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 15/12/2008 - 09:05
I would suggest we set up a meet in Jan now, as christmas is getting in the way. may I suggest a Saturday or Sunday (I would prefer the latter) but open to either. I shall try to fit in with any suggestions from you guys for dates, venue etc etc.
ab uno disce omnes

PentaxAmPho

Link Posted 03/01/2009 - 20:25
Hi guys. now that crimbo is out the way......one place I thought of to meet up at was Bassetts Pole (MacDonalds or pub?).....I thought of this place because of Dave living in Lichfield and the rest of us in solihull or thereabouts - Bassetts is about half way? anyone have any other suggestions? (I am assuming here that Dave doesn't want to travel all the way into Solihull)
ab uno disce omnes
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.