Big tree roots

womble

Link Posted 14/12/2019 - 12:54
I've been sorting out my Lightroom libraries etc. after a series of events I won't bore you with and rediscovering old images I had never worked on before. This one was shot using a Pentax MX, SMC Pentax "K" 17mm fisheye and Fuji Neopan 100 film.

Camperdown cemetery, Sydney, 2013.

Sydney tree roots par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

LennyBloke

Link Posted 14/12/2019 - 13:05
Perfect choice of lens for that shot

The composition is spot-on, looks like the lighting wasn't easy to manage but you've done a brilliant job
LennyBloke

womble

Link Posted 14/12/2019 - 13:41
LennyBloke wrote:
Perfect choice of lens for that shot

The composition is spot-on, looks like the lighting wasn't easy to manage but you've done a brilliant job

Finding an angle without cars or the sun straight into the lens was a real problem. In the end, I picked a viewpoint with the sun directly behind the trunk. Those roots are huge, it isn't just the fisheye!
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 14/12/2019 - 20:14
Fine composition... gt drama...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

alfpics

Link Posted 15/12/2019 - 09:21
What a superb image Kris; worth digging out and showing!
Andy

Lubbyman

Link Posted 15/12/2019 - 10:11
Impressive, both visually and technically. Well worth the time spent finding the right angle. The tree seems to be reaching out to grasp the photographer (and viewer).

Are you sure it's a tree and not an elderly Ent from Middle Earth?

Steve

Sry

Link Posted 15/12/2019 - 21:55
Beautiful tree, and image. Your PP is spot on - no need to dramatize.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.