being nosie
Posted 25/10/2015 - 21:55
Link
First one I ever bought was a 6 x 6 Dacora Royal folder.
Bought in Nienburg (on the R. Weser) in 1961.
Fed it on Agfa Isopan Rapid 1600ASA, and hardly ever had to use flash.
Ah, those were the days.
Geoff
Bought in Nienburg (on the R. Weser) in 1961.
Fed it on Agfa Isopan Rapid 1600ASA, and hardly ever had to use flash.
Ah, those were the days.
Geoff
Water can wear away a stone - but it can't cook lunch
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
X-5
istDS
K2000
P50.
Lenses Digital: 50-200, 18-55 KAF: 28-80.
Lenses KA & K: SMC-KA f2.0, SMC-K f1.4, SMC-K f1.7 Tokina KA 28-70 , SMC Pentax 70-210 F4, Sigma KA 75-300 , Hanimex 500mm Mirror, and the Tamron Adaptall-2 stuff.
and then there's all the M42 kit, and the accessories ...
Posted 26/10/2015 - 00:09
Link
Being nosey gets results sometimes!
I was given a Kodak Brownie as a child and the first picture I took with it was a steam locomotive with a huge factory chimney sticking out of the top of the boiler. I bought an Exa IIb when I started work and traded it with a jewellery maker for a matched pair of white gold rings set with fire opals when I got engaged (good trade - he wanted to photograph his wares and I wanted a wife). An Exakta RTL1000 followed which got nicked, along with my opal ring, in a burglary. Years later I got a Pentax ME Super and then a K5 and developed a severe lens habit through trying out as many manual focus items as I could get hold of. I'm now a Takumar worshipper.
I was given a Kodak Brownie as a child and the first picture I took with it was a steam locomotive with a huge factory chimney sticking out of the top of the boiler. I bought an Exa IIb when I started work and traded it with a jewellery maker for a matched pair of white gold rings set with fire opals when I got engaged (good trade - he wanted to photograph his wares and I wanted a wife). An Exakta RTL1000 followed which got nicked, along with my opal ring, in a burglary. Years later I got a Pentax ME Super and then a K5 and developed a severe lens habit through trying out as many manual focus items as I could get hold of. I'm now a Takumar worshipper.
Posted 26/10/2015 - 00:11
Link
My first, I can't remember but the first one I did photography with was a Kodak Instamatic 24. After the first colour film, it was mainly used with B&W film developed at home and printed at school.
The next was a Zenit E and followed by a Cosina CSM. First Pentax was a Super A, when an insurance paid out!
Still have the Super A but have a lot of other Pentax cameras now.
The next was a Zenit E and followed by a Cosina CSM. First Pentax was a Super A, when an insurance paid out!
Still have the Super A but have a lot of other Pentax cameras now.
Bob
Posted 26/10/2015 - 01:10
Link
rockysan wrote:
The best trade I ever made.
I got a K-50 for my wife. Best trade I ever made.The best trade I ever made.
But, really, I was given a Polaroid Swinger for my 12th birthday, 1968, the first camera that was mine. Had a lot of fun with it, too. Don't know where it is, now.
link
- David
"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
"A republic, madam, if you can keep it." - Benjamin Franklin
Posted 26/10/2015 - 11:07
Link
Box Brownie, my dad bought it for me when I was about 13. It only took photos of steam trains but I believe some people had Box Brownies that were able to take other subjects too.
In my teens I had a few other models and although I learned to develop and print my own pictures photography wasn't my greatest passion in those days.
It wasn't until the 1970s when I was married and had two small children that photography became important.
I bought a Zenit and then my first Pentax - a Spotmatic. and I've been with the brand ever since.
David
In my teens I had a few other models and although I learned to develop and print my own pictures photography wasn't my greatest passion in those days.
It wasn't until the 1970s when I was married and had two small children that photography became important.
I bought a Zenit and then my first Pentax - a Spotmatic. and I've been with the brand ever since.
David
Posted 26/10/2015 - 11:33
Link
Had a Kodak Brownie as child; in my teens a rather nice Yashica with a ring of selenium cells around the lens (not sure of the model - probably an EE). I dropped that on the platform at Manchester Victoria station when chasing the last active steam locos. Next up was a second hand Zorki 4 which was very old fashioned but capable. Then I graduated to a Pentax ME super and started collecting a few lenses. This served me for many years until I got my first digital camera, the superb (and expensive) Olympus c5050 in 2004. The Achilles heel of that one was the on/off switch which failed and had to be replaced twice at over Ģ100 each time. So I gave up on it and bought a K10d, then K5 and K5ii - which is where I am now.
Regards, Philip
Posted 26/10/2015 - 12:48
Link
A Corefield Periflex used with slide film for rally cars. Then a Ricoh KR5 inherited from my father lead on to Ricoh XR-P and XR-X. The Ricoh's being a K mount varient got me onto a K100, and the rest as they say "is history".
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 26/10/2015 - 17:00
Link
First camera i purchased was a HP photosmart 507 point and shoot which i really enjoyed using.
First dslr was a pentax k100d that the wife bought me for my birthday. It turned out to be the best present ever as it sparked my interest in photography.
First dslr was a pentax k100d that the wife bought me for my birthday. It turned out to be the best present ever as it sparked my interest in photography.
Posted 26/10/2015 - 17:49
Link
richardmills wrote:
First camera i purchased was a HP photosmart 507 point and shoot which i really enjoyed using.
First dslr was a pentax k100d that the wife bought me for my birthday. It turned out to be the best present ever as it sparked my interest in photography.
i like the way a present sparked your intrest
First camera i purchased was a HP photosmart 507 point and shoot which i really enjoyed using.
First dslr was a pentax k100d that the wife bought me for my birthday. It turned out to be the best present ever as it sparked my interest in photography.
Posted 26/10/2015 - 18:00
Link
First one was a Brownie ( still have it!!) then a Zenith then a Ricoh XR ( still have it!!!) then some compacts mainly Cannon, then a Pentax KR and now a K3.
All the best
Brian
And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.
Brian
And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.
Posted 27/10/2015 - 16:19
Link
Kodak Instamatic when 8 years old.. then a
Spotmatic 11 With 35mm, 135mm takumars bought 2nd hand when working in camera shop one evening a week. !5 yrs old
Yashica Mat 124g
MZ5
Z1p
Mamiya 7
K5 my 1st and only digital.
What next? FF...
Spotmatic 11 With 35mm, 135mm takumars bought 2nd hand when working in camera shop one evening a week. !5 yrs old
Yashica Mat 124g
MZ5
Z1p
Mamiya 7
K5 my 1st and only digital.
What next? FF...
Posted 27/10/2015 - 16:31
Link
Posted 29/10/2015 - 13:40
Link
My first camera was a Voightlander Vitomatic IIa with an Ultron 50 mm F2 lens . I bought it on the Never-Never When I arrived in Australia 1962 . I still have it.
My first Pentax was a Spotmatic I bought in 1970 with 20c coins saved in a large jar. I think it cost me about $ 200.- or so with the 50mm f1.8 lens . I still have it too.
Regards, Horst
My first Pentax was a Spotmatic I bought in 1970 with 20c coins saved in a large jar. I think it cost me about $ 200.- or so with the 50mm f1.8 lens . I still have it too.
Regards, Horst
Posted 05/11/2015 - 08:35
Link
My very first camera when I was a nipper was a Kodak Instamatic, had it for years.
I bought a Zenith SLR at a jumble sale for a pound and used that for a few years until the strap broke while I was climbing and the camera ended up 300ft lower down under the Rannoch wall...lucky there was no-one under itīs flight path as it was a heavy beastie...managed to retrieve it on our way down and get film developed OK.
Next up was an Olympus trip which I used for many years then a list of compact Digital cameras until buying my first DSLR in 2014 a K-50.
Now use a K3, KS-2 & MX-1, also have a wee Canon Ixus 155 for uber discreet occasions.
I bought a Zenith SLR at a jumble sale for a pound and used that for a few years until the strap broke while I was climbing and the camera ended up 300ft lower down under the Rannoch wall...lucky there was no-one under itīs flight path as it was a heavy beastie...managed to retrieve it on our way down and get film developed OK.
Next up was an Olympus trip which I used for many years then a list of compact Digital cameras until buying my first DSLR in 2014 a K-50.
Now use a K3, KS-2 & MX-1, also have a wee Canon Ixus 155 for uber discreet occasions.
Cheers,
Bruce
Bruce
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1229 posts
12 years