Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

B&W : 'A Kitchen Utensil'

Peter Elgar
Posted 29/05/2020 - 12:37 Link
Brentwood & District Photographic Club have an On-line Photo Comp next week for 'B&W A Kitchen Utensil' so I had a go on Kitchen Table with 2 old tungsten lamps and kitchen lights on and a blue cloth background. Camera was my original Asahi Pentax 6x7 MU and FILM was 'Gift' Feb. 1995 dated ILFORD XP2 400 which I processd in well-used C41 and scanned with CANON 9000F Mk II + Vuescan Pro + FastStone Image Viewer. Metered by Weston Master V FILM was a Kind GIFT fro ma Forum Member !
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
pschlute
Posted 30/05/2020 - 02:32 Link
Liking the cake shot Peter
LongTimeLurker
Posted 11/06/2020 - 23:00 Link
We're clearly living in very different households, Peter. The cake would not have been on the plate long enough for me to photograph it !

I hope you're managing okay in these topsy turvy times. Good to see you still posting here and on YouTube. I enjoy the videos very much and sometimes it feels like I'm sat in your front room whilst you're demonstrating kit
Nigel.

Getting older and grumpier. Taking longer to decide which lens to use today.

K5 with auto-everything lenses
A collection of manual primes to keep me in touch with the pleasures of doing it old-school.
davidwozhere
Posted 12/06/2020 - 01:46 Link
Perhaps I need to speak to someone but I like the loo brush!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
davidruane
Posted 12/06/2020 - 06:01 Link
Perhaps you do - I thought it was a brush to clean plates

davidwozhere wrote:

Today is a great day - they always are if you wake up
Chrism8
Posted 12/06/2020 - 08:01 Link
The Cake shot for me as well

I noticed a few odd sort of blotches at the top of the cake image, a couple are also on the teapot image in the same sort of place, does the lens or scanner need a bit of a clean perhaps ?
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
08tiger
Posted 12/06/2020 - 09:24 Link
Another for the cake shot, having the word cake in the foreground and so clear just draws the eyes
C&C welcome.
Don.
Peter Elgar
Posted 12/06/2020 - 09:53 Link
Well -- I'm out of Hospital with a huge semi-circular glued SCAR after Liver Cancer Lesions cut out - the 4th time I have been 'Opened Up' ! SO - very sore but yesterday spent time lubricating ME Super with 'Winder Failure Syndrome' and got it to work. and new Mirror Bumper foam on a 'Gift' ME body and did the moving lens aperture activating ring so lens now stops down !! YES-- I saw the 'Blotches' -- i think is from Bad Storage of the 1995 Ilford XP2 400 sent to me by a fellow Forum Member . On processing the negs had 'Greening' effect due to storage but got rid of it on de-saturation to B&W in FastStone IMage Viewer. I had scanned as 'Colour' .
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
LennyBloke
Posted 12/06/2020 - 10:24 Link
Good luck with the recovery Peter - it certainly hasn't held you back. I'll raise a toast to you with a slice of that nicely shot Cake
LennyBloke
davidwozhere
Posted 13/06/2020 - 01:25 Link
davidruane wrote:
Perhaps you do - I thought it was a brush to clean plates

davidwozhere wrote:

I'm clearly loo-sing it
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.