Ayot St Peter church

womble

Link Posted 11/10/2020 - 22:59
I went out for a cycle ride this afternoon and the light was fantastic, dramatic clouds broken by strong winter light. I slightly regret not loading-up the motorcycle with my tripod and a plethora of gear and spending the afternoon out making photographs. In particular, Codicote church was lit by glorious warm low light but the sky behind was full of dark dramatic storm clouds. Unfortunately, I didn't have a lens wide enough (I really wish I'd taken by 5x4 view camera!). This is a different church where I had a view across the fields. I had to wait for the sun to break through the clouds, but I think it was worth it.

Oct 11: Ayot St Peter par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity

Pentax K-3, SMC Pentax "K" 150mm f/4 lens.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

RobL

Link Posted 11/10/2020 - 23:12
As you say, great light, my favourite sort! Good job you had your camera, when I unexpectedly come across a scene like this I find it’s been left at home. Nice interplay of light and shadow here.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 00:02
That was worth stopping for. Lovely bit of Victorian brickwork, beautifully lit.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

womble

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 09:05
Thanks both. Ayot St Peter is one of the earliest Arts and Crafts buildings and is lovely on the outside and gorgeous on the inside.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

bforbes

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 09:37
I'd flip it horizontally
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

womble

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 18:08
bforbes wrote:
I'd flip it horizontally

Knowing the church and the view as well as I do, I would just wince every time I looked at it!
Kris Lockyear

My website

MrB

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 18:30
Good shot, Kris. This is one I visited a couple of years ago but sadly it was locked up. Still, the outside was worth photographing for its interesting shape and wonderful brickwork. The two nearby Ayot St Lawrence churches are also interesting places for photography.

Philip

bforbes

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 18:49
womble wrote:
bforbes wrote:
I'd flip it horizontally

Knowing the church and the view as well as I do, I would just wince every time I looked at it!

I know what you mean
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/

womble

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 20:32
MrB wrote:
Good shot, Kris. This is one I visited a couple of years ago but sadly it was locked up. Still, the outside was worth photographing for its interesting shape and wonderful brickwork. The two nearby Ayot St Lawrence churches are also interesting places for photography.

Philip

It isn't open very often outside of services but worth it when it is. Here is a shot of the inside taken during Heritage weekend last year.

Ayot St Peter (1) par Kris Lockyear, on ipernity
Kris Lockyear

My website

MrB

Link Posted 12/10/2020 - 21:02
womble wrote:

It isn't open very often outside of services but worth it when it is. Here is a shot of the inside taken during Heritage weekend last year.

Very impressive - thank you, Kris.

Philip
Last Edited by MrB on 12/10/2020 - 21:02

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 14/10/2020 - 21:25
bforbes wrote:
I'd flip it horizontally

Or vertically
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

LennyBloke

Link Posted 15/10/2020 - 20:02
That interior is superb - classic composition coupled with excellent, soft and beautiful colours
LennyBloke
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.