Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Autumn...

Posted 14/11/2018 - 10:56 Link
... using the multiple exposure engine of the K1II. Various lenses and locations.

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

All thoughts, comments, observations etc very welcome as ever...

Best
Gwyn
Posted 14/11/2018 - 11:15 Link
#10 is just stunning. I'd hang that on my wall.
I like the others too, with 5 and 7 being my next favourites. An interesting set using an interesting technique, thanks for sharing.
womble
Posted 14/11/2018 - 11:25 Link
Lovely set of abstract images. I agree with Gwyn, the last one is the standout image.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Nigelk
Posted 14/11/2018 - 11:42 Link
Love them all, stunning set. All I can think to say.
Which multi exposure setting did you use for these?
Edited by Nigelk: 14/11/2018 - 11:50
stub
Posted 14/11/2018 - 11:56 Link
I like them. But would prefer them in a more narrow elongated format than 4:3 8 was my fave...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Edited by stub: 14/11/2018 - 11:57
pschlute
Posted 14/11/2018 - 12:40 Link
Really good and capture the essence of Autumn. Agree these would look great printed up large.
Dorset_Mike
Posted 14/11/2018 - 17:44 Link
A cracking set - really creative artwork.
Regards,
Mike

Every day's a holiday!
Posted 14/11/2018 - 23:54 Link
Thanks Gwyn, Kris, Nigel, Stuart, Peter, Mike for thoughts and comments re these...

Nigel, these are mostly using the Incremental Blending mode, with up to 20 or so shots each for each frame... all done in camera as per... I started using the Incremental mode on the surfer project I posted a few weeks back (but which I shot in April), and have been using it off and on most of the year... one or two of these are Average Blend... I tend to find that Bright Blend works less well for me when there's a lot of blue sky around...

Stuart, thanks for thoughts re cropping/framing (these are actually 5x4)... I tend to find the reality of these kind of shots is that some kind of cropping is usually a necessity... it's rare that the whole frame will work... the first shot I was happy with in this series is actually no.4, so I built the rest of the project around it... I originally had it as a square crop (1 x1), but as the series went on I was looking for a bit more width... I shoot a fair bit of medium format (old school 645 film), so landed on that as a frame for these... may or may not use that crop again, but liked how it suited the raw material for these...

Thanks again all...

Best
derek897
Posted 15/11/2018 - 00:21 Link
As ever, you present some amazing bodies of work, your experimentation is inspiring.
Keep up the fantastic work,
10 for me by the way , fantastic set.
I know what i like, If not always why.
1stEverPentax
Posted 15/11/2018 - 19:08 Link
Brilliant set Bill...love 'em. The different colours and textures really widen their appeal. Hard to choose a favourite though.

Agree that these would look good larger on a wall.

Regards

Karlo
LennyBloke
Posted 15/11/2018 - 19:32 Link
Some of these have an almost "impressionist" quality with the limited palette of colours in each really helping strengthen the impact. Overall they are not quite to my taste, but I can appreciate the skills you have used to produce them - having said that, the last one really does work for me and the qualities of 3, 6 and 8 are just right for large exhibition prints.

The best thing about these is your willingness to push boundaries of what an image can be, I suspect much of your work has helped inspire others to visualise images in a different way - images that make us think about how to look really are worthwhile

Thanks for sharing (again)
LennyBloke
davidwozhere
Posted 16/11/2018 - 01:27 Link
I too find it hard to chose a favourite. I really enjoyed looking at them.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
K10D
Posted 16/11/2018 - 09:52 Link
Brought a big smile to my face looking at these.

Surely, creativity doesn't get much better than this.

Top, exemplary work.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Posted 18/11/2018 - 17:52 Link
Thanks Derek, Karlo, John, David and Gary for thoughts and comments re these, and for your positivity re the experimentation as well as the work... yes, definitely part of the joy for me... much appreciated my end... John, no 10 was taken round your neck of the woods I think... on the way back down from an early morning wander up the Malvern Hills whilst I was there for work a few weeks ago...

Thanks all and best
StephenHampshire
Posted 18/11/2018 - 19:12 Link
That last one is a cracker

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.