Autumn...
Posted 19/11/2018 - 17:38
Link
Thanks Stephen and Serge... Serge, yes, agree no.10 from a slightly different family... will see if I can rustle up some siblings!
Best
Best
Posted 19/11/2018 - 17:58
Link
Bill
It is interesting to note that these images received a more favourable response than your recent ICM pictures. There is movement in both types of capture, in one the camera itself has moved and in one the subject has moved but they produce a very different image.
It is interesting to note that these images received a more favourable response than your recent ICM pictures. There is movement in both types of capture, in one the camera itself has moved and in one the subject has moved but they produce a very different image.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 21/11/2018 - 17:41
Link
Hi Peter... thanks vmuch for this... yes, I know what you mean... actually in the surfing shots the camera, as well as the subject, was moving too, deliberately so (and often a large amount), but I absolutely take your point...
I think there are at least a couple, no doubt loads more, things going on...
Firstly, with the surfing shots, I suspect there is a more accepted “usual” (for want of a better word) reference point that a number of people might have in their mind’s eye, and might expect/like/prefer to see... and I suspect for them the surfing shots may well be too close to the “usual”, and look too much like mistakes (ie the kind of shots you might throw away if you were trying to get something pin sharp - Nigel Mc’s point I think)... whereas possibly the tree shots are more clearly abstract in execution, and a good deal further away from the original subject matter...
And secondly, it might well be that the ICM shots are by definition a bit blurry (nature of the beast) vs the Multiple Exposures, which tend to be sharper (but lots of them)...
That would be my hunch anyway... all gd stuff though from my POV... am always interested in how things land...
Thanks and best
I think there are at least a couple, no doubt loads more, things going on...
Firstly, with the surfing shots, I suspect there is a more accepted “usual” (for want of a better word) reference point that a number of people might have in their mind’s eye, and might expect/like/prefer to see... and I suspect for them the surfing shots may well be too close to the “usual”, and look too much like mistakes (ie the kind of shots you might throw away if you were trying to get something pin sharp - Nigel Mc’s point I think)... whereas possibly the tree shots are more clearly abstract in execution, and a good deal further away from the original subject matter...
And secondly, it might well be that the ICM shots are by definition a bit blurry (nature of the beast) vs the Multiple Exposures, which tend to be sharper (but lots of them)...
That would be my hunch anyway... all gd stuff though from my POV... am always interested in how things land...
Thanks and best
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1124 posts
8 years