Auto Extension Tube for K-5

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 07:33
Hi all
I seem to look for something that may not exist
I am looking for some Auto Extension Tubes that will work with the K-5 but I only can find them for the 'Big two' or Minolta/Sony.
Do they exist for Pentax or is none of the manufactures (i.e. Kenko) bothered to produce one for the Pentax models
I got some manual Bellows but a set of auto tubes would come in more handy as I could carry them in my backpack.
I looked in all the usual places but seem not to be able to find them (SRS, Warehouse Express, eBay, Amazon etc)
Anyone can point me in the right direction please
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

NeilP

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 07:46
Yes, that exactly wat I was looking for (nearly choked at the price trugh I knew they where expensive, but I did not think that they are THAT expensive . Guess I stik with my manual bellows).
Many thanks for that, at least I know that they are about and I can keep an eye on feeBay if one may pop up that is more affordable to me .
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Pentax K-5 with D-GB4 Grip, to many lenses to mention by now (serious LBA by now), TC's, Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW, Manfrotto 028 & Redsnapper RS-283 with various Heads plus various Camera Clamps (I collect them). Pentax AF 360FGZ, Pentax AF 240FT, several Metz 45 CT-1 & 5 with stands and 'Blow Up' Soft Boxes, Flash Triggers, and various Macro gear.

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 08:20
I was thinking of selling my set as they never get used.
. My Flickr

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 08:27
Mike-P wrote:
I was thinking of selling my set as they never get used.

Would be to early for me at the moment (unless it is an bargain that is to good to be missed) as I just splashed out on the K-5, AF 360 Flash etc.
Just sourcing out the market at the moment.
Maybe in a couple of month time with this kind of price but then again I want the Sigma 170-500mm as well by the end of April and Sigma already announced a price rise for this one.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 08:29
SmutjeUK wrote:
I want the Sigma 170-500mm as well by the end of April and Sigma already announced a price rise for this one.

They no longer make the 170-500mm so a price rise from Sigma is impossible.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 15/12/2010 - 08:29

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 08:39
Mike-P wrote:
SmutjeUK wrote:
I want the Sigma 170-500mm as well by the end of April and Sigma already announced a price rise for this one.

They no longer make the 170-500mm so a price rise from Sigma is impossible.

That's news, as I got an advert that announces the rise in the price. Well, maybe I get a decent second hand one then for a good price.
SORRY it was the 150-500mm in the Clifton Cameras advert
Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 08:41
SmutjeUK wrote:

Too early in the morning and not enough coffee yet

Now theres an idea ... gets up and wanders into the kitchen to switch on the coffee machine.
. My Flickr
Last Edited by Mike-P on 15/12/2010 - 08:41

gartmore

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 10:11
Quite a few of us use Jessops ones and they do appear from time to time.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

davex

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 12:31
I have a mint set of Kenko AF tubes which i never use.
Do not understand why they are called AF, as there is no screw coupling.

Davex.
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link

SmutjeUK

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 13:13
davex wrote:
I have a mint set of Kenko AF tubes which i never use.
Do not understand why they are called AF, as there is no screw coupling.

Davex.

Lucky you. Only joking. But as for the AF part that may have still something to do from the old 35mm days and before auto focus.
I still got an Nikon F2 and a F2AF. The AF has an aperture coupler that told the camera light meter what aperture I had set on the lens, The F2 does not have this feature.
May have something to do with that and the good old days and just carried over, also I do admit by today's standard it is very confusing.
Kind regards
SmutjeUK

It's nice to be nice!

bretbysteve

Link Posted 15/12/2010 - 19:20
""I hate nothing more than sugary photographs with tricks, poses and effects. So allow me to be honest and tell the truth about our age and its people."
August Sander (17 November 1876 – 20 April 1964) writing in 1929"

AMEN to that.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.