Anyone had any experience with SRS?

Abraxaz
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:17 Link
Hi guys,

Long story short, lent my k-500 to a friend with a 50mm for a car show. Finally got it back with a scratched to hell lens and a big gash on the sensor

Anyway, decided to upgrade to a K3 II, ordered it with the 18-135mm, with free 50mm and extended battery. I also ordered a 55-300mm wr lens and 100mm macro lens.
Just checked my bank account and SRS have only taken £1k out of my account instead of £1.3k I was expecting, checked through all the emails and they have taken off the 100mm lens (which is under offer) and the 50mm.

Just checked the stock on there website and showing new stock coming in early Jan.

Will they charge my account when it comes in or have I just missed out on the deal because lack of stock?
Also is the lack of communication common with them?
percy
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:21 Link
I've always had faultless service and communication from SRS. Have you telephoned/emailed them with your query?
Abraxaz
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:24 Link
Yeah, keep getting busy or answer phone.

I expect I will miss out on the deal tbh which is annoying as I wanted to try macro.
johnriley
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:25 - Helpful Comment Link
I would check their opening times over the holiday and then phone them. IIRC they don't take the money until they have the goods.
Best regards, John
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:26 - Helpful Comment Link
Hello Abraxaz,

I have brought a few things from SRS and not had any problems.

My last purchase was a Pentax AF 540 which was on offer when I ordered it but later received an email saying they were out of stock and that they were getting more between xmas and new years. They haven't taken the payment.

The email I received said:
'Hello, Thank you for your order. We are currently out of stock of the AF540FGZII and it is on order with Pentax UK - all being well they will be with us between Christmas and the New Year. We will process your order as soon as we have the item in stock. Kind Regards'

I also visited their shop in Watford when I brought my K3II + Grip + 50m.
Digital: Pentax K-1 II + Grip, Pentax K3II + Grip, Pentax MX-1.
Lenses: Pentax D-FA 24-70mm 2.8, D-FA 15-30 2.8, D-FA 70-200 2.8*, Pentax 35mm 2.4, 50mm 1.8, 18-135mm WR, 55-300mm HD, Sigma 70-300mm (macro), Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.
Film: Mamiya C330 Medium Format, Pentax Super ME.
Edited by CiderDrinker: 02/01/2016 - 16:32
Abraxaz
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:34 Link
No Idea on their opening times, left a voicemail message.

Cheers cider, I haven't received anything like that
Edited by Abraxaz: 02/01/2016 - 16:35
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:41 - Helpful Comment Link
Just looked at their facebook page and they should be back to normal opening hours.

They are probably very busy, when I went on the Saturday of the black Friday weekend he a constant stream of customers.
Digital: Pentax K-1 II + Grip, Pentax K3II + Grip, Pentax MX-1.
Lenses: Pentax D-FA 24-70mm 2.8, D-FA 15-30 2.8, D-FA 70-200 2.8*, Pentax 35mm 2.4, 50mm 1.8, 18-135mm WR, 55-300mm HD, Sigma 70-300mm (macro), Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.
Film: Mamiya C330 Medium Format, Pentax Super ME.
Abraxaz
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:44 Link
Stupid spam folder....
Quote:
Dear Dale Rose,
Your order # 1000049669 has been
Processing.

Body serial number 6255372 18-135mm serial number 7103101 55-300mm serial number 4400701 100mm WR + free 50mm lens will follow shortly. Thanks

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or by phone at 01923 226602.
Thank you again, SRS Microsystems
I assume this means when it comes in stock ill get charged and receive them..
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:50 - Helpful Comment Link
Yeah they will charge your card before they sent out the lens.

You have the same set of lenses I have (although I do have the 35mm F2.4 and a Sigma 70-300 (with macro function) The 18-135 is a nice all-rounder and the 50mm is my low light lens.
Digital: Pentax K-1 II + Grip, Pentax K3II + Grip, Pentax MX-1.
Lenses: Pentax D-FA 24-70mm 2.8, D-FA 15-30 2.8, D-FA 70-200 2.8*, Pentax 35mm 2.4, 50mm 1.8, 18-135mm WR, 55-300mm HD, Sigma 70-300mm (macro), Tamron 17-50mm F2.8.
Film: Mamiya C330 Medium Format, Pentax Super ME.
Abraxaz
Posted 02/01/2016 - 16:56 Link
Yeah, sorry about besmirching the name of srs.
My email account has about 200-500 emails a day depending on the time of year and for some reason Microsoft decided half my forward emails from google were spam.

yeah my current gear is
Pentax k-500
Pentax ME super

Pentax 50mm scratched to hell
Pentax 28mm F2.8
Pentax 135mm f3.5
Pentax 18-55mm

Sigman 70-300mm

Hoping to do a bit more photography, epically the local rallying and the waterproof kit should help in wales.
Mag07
Posted 02/01/2016 - 21:02 Link
They are brilliant. Took the suggestion from someone on the forums and went with them to buy my K3 II. Missed a deal by one day but gave them a call and they sorted me with the camera at an awesome price plus a lens bundle regardless. I live in North London so it's easy enough to drive to Wattford to pick up stuff from the store. They were super. Friendly, knowledgeable and a good laugh. Well worth every penny spent there.

More businesses should be run that way. Also, the store itself reminds me of old times - when you had proper photo shops that actually had stuff 'in stock' - stuff you can touch and staff whose opinion you can trust.
'Photography...it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten....' (Aaron Siskind)
Edited by Mag07: 02/01/2016 - 21:03
SteveLedger
Posted 02/01/2016 - 22:21 Link
Abraxaz wrote:
Hi guys,

Long story short, lent my k-500 to a friend with a 50mm for a car show. Finally got it back with a scratched to hell lens and a big gash on the sensor
How does anyone manage to 'gash' a sensor? If there was only one lens with it there'd have been no reason to remove it. Perhaps it's just a great lump of dirt on the filter in front of it?
In any case, the question is - is this person still a friend and are they helping with the cost of your new camera?

I learned many years ago, never lets friends borrow tools - ever.
Abraxaz
Posted 02/01/2016 - 23:22 Link
SteveLedger wrote:
Abraxaz wrote:
Hi guys,

Long story short, lent my k-500 to a friend with a 50mm for a car show. Finally got it back with a scratched to hell lens and a big gash on the sensor
How does anyone manage to 'gash' a sensor? If there was only one lens with it there'd have been no reason to remove it. Perhaps it's just a great lump of dirt on the filter in front of it?
In any case, the question is - is this person still a friend and are they helping with the cost of your new camera?

I learned many years ago, never lets friends borrow tools - ever.
Nope not dirt unfortunately, did a mirror up to check for dust and the mark is clearly visible. He reckons it was like it before I lent it to him.

Not lending him this one And no he's not helping at all, so dipping into my savings
Edited by Abraxaz: 02/01/2016 - 23:23
SteveLedger
Posted 02/01/2016 - 23:42 Link
Yes, but the sensor is still covered by the filter.
I wonder how he would know it was there 'before' you loaned it. He could only check immediately 'after' you loaned it to him of course. But why would he?
Anyway - my mind is wandering away with me here

Enjoy your new K3II !
ilovesaabs
Posted 03/01/2016 - 12:11 Link
You should know if the sensor was 'gashed' just by looking at images taken before your friend borrowed your camera.

Time for a new friend as well
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo