Anyone can recognise these?
Posted 09/10/2009 - 10:10
Link
Maybe, but I've not heard of any strikes around here. I've a feeling our postie has been off and they haven't got anyone to cover - the drawback of living in the back of beyond...
Still, I have my fingers crossed they'll turn up eventually and I'm really curious now to find out what I bought.
Still, I have my fingers crossed they'll turn up eventually and I'm really curious now to find out what I bought.
Joining the Q
Posted 09/10/2009 - 10:22
Link
hefty1 wrote:
Maybe, but I've not heard of any strikes around here. I've a feeling our postie has been off and they haven't got anyone to cover - the drawback of living in the back of beyond...
Still, I have my fingers crossed they'll turn up eventually and I'm really curious now to find out what I bought.
Maybe you will end up with a labeling machine to go with thoses sticky labels you got some time back, instead of the flash.
Maybe, but I've not heard of any strikes around here. I've a feeling our postie has been off and they haven't got anyone to cover - the drawback of living in the back of beyond...
Still, I have my fingers crossed they'll turn up eventually and I'm really curious now to find out what I bought.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 09/10/2009 - 10:24
Link
As long as it's a Takumar Super-Labeller I don't mind...
Joining the Q
Posted 14/10/2009 - 16:43
Link
Well, it finally arrived today! So here's what your own 30 quid could have got you (drum roll):
Pentax SP500 with ERC and strap. Meter needs a battery but all shutter speeds sound about right, no dents or dings but in need of a clean and possibly new light seals. ERC and strap in good condition and it should all scrub up like new.
Super-Takumar 55mm f/2. Front trim ring pulling away slightly (needs glueing) but otherwise excellent - no scratches, fungus, etc and mechanical condition all good with a snappy iris and positive click-stops. A little brassing to the barrel but seen a lot worse. Original front cap.
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f/3.5. Pretty minty with perfect optics and mechanics and barely any signs of use. Included original front/rear caps and original hood (which unlike the lens does have a few scuffs but still in one piece).
Unitor Auto-Wide 28mm f/2.8. Once again perfect optics and mechanics but with quite a bit of brassing to the barrel (I guess this was the previous owner's favourite lens!) - no damage though. Original front/rear caps included. Unusually big and heavy for an M42 28/2.8.
APS Auto Teleplus 2x Converter. Nice clean optics but due to the small size I'm guessing a 4 element TC rather than a 6, so I don't hold high hopes for IQ. Original front/rear caps included.
49mm Hoya Skylight Filter. Perfect.
49mm No-Name 81A Warm-Up Filter. Perfect.
Sunpak MX122 Manual Flash. Looks like new - seems to work just fine. PC sync cord included.
Flash Bracket. A little scruffy but useable.
Zeiss Ikon Ikophot Light Meter. Super clean condition, seems to be well calibrated. Complete with leather case, chain and diffuser.
Carlton Padded Camera Bag. Looks almost like new and complete with all the padded dividers, etc.
Roll of Fuji Astia 100. Out of date.
Original receipts for everything! He paid £110 for the camera+55 back in 1973 - haven't been through them all but I will at some point.
So all-in-all not a bad haul - if anyone spots any similarly misplaced eBay listings feel free to let me know!
Pentax SP500 with ERC and strap. Meter needs a battery but all shutter speeds sound about right, no dents or dings but in need of a clean and possibly new light seals. ERC and strap in good condition and it should all scrub up like new.
Super-Takumar 55mm f/2. Front trim ring pulling away slightly (needs glueing) but otherwise excellent - no scratches, fungus, etc and mechanical condition all good with a snappy iris and positive click-stops. A little brassing to the barrel but seen a lot worse. Original front cap.
Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135mm f/3.5. Pretty minty with perfect optics and mechanics and barely any signs of use. Included original front/rear caps and original hood (which unlike the lens does have a few scuffs but still in one piece).
Unitor Auto-Wide 28mm f/2.8. Once again perfect optics and mechanics but with quite a bit of brassing to the barrel (I guess this was the previous owner's favourite lens!) - no damage though. Original front/rear caps included. Unusually big and heavy for an M42 28/2.8.
APS Auto Teleplus 2x Converter. Nice clean optics but due to the small size I'm guessing a 4 element TC rather than a 6, so I don't hold high hopes for IQ. Original front/rear caps included.
49mm Hoya Skylight Filter. Perfect.
49mm No-Name 81A Warm-Up Filter. Perfect.
Sunpak MX122 Manual Flash. Looks like new - seems to work just fine. PC sync cord included.
Flash Bracket. A little scruffy but useable.
Zeiss Ikon Ikophot Light Meter. Super clean condition, seems to be well calibrated. Complete with leather case, chain and diffuser.
Carlton Padded Camera Bag. Looks almost like new and complete with all the padded dividers, etc.
Roll of Fuji Astia 100. Out of date.
Original receipts for everything! He paid £110 for the camera+55 back in 1973 - haven't been through them all but I will at some point.
So all-in-all not a bad haul - if anyone spots any similarly misplaced eBay listings feel free to let me know!
Joining the Q
Posted 14/10/2009 - 16:58
Link
He was done. I paid £99.99 for an SPII and 55mm 1:1.8 in 1973!
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 17:08
Link
£100 in 1973 is equivalent to over £2,000 today, which puts the price of the K7 in perspective. And I bet you won't find many K7s still going strong in 2045, or a battery to put in them.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 17:35
Link
That's very true - and one of the reasons I'm keeping my small stable of film bodies up and running.
Joining the Q
Posted 14/10/2009 - 17:39
Link
Great deal then, Hefty! I was after an SMC Takumar 135 mm the other day - didn't get ut; the guy was asking too much!
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. - Ansel Adams -
Posted 14/10/2009 - 18:21
Link
Phew... nothing I "need" in that batch...
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 19:32
Link
Excellent, so you've got a nice bargain Enjoy!
Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z
Posted 14/10/2009 - 19:33
Link
Hefty, you'll be needing a PX400 1.35v Mercury battery then. It just so happens that....
No man is worth his salt, who has not been banned from at least one Forum, and two Flickr groups.
Mowog.
Mowog.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


535 posts
18 years
Grantham,
UK
Michal R. Hoffmann
K20D, DA 16-45mm, A 50mm F/1:1.4, DA 55-300mm; flash Pentax AF240Z