Hand held or assisted?
Posted 14/10/2009 - 10:04
Link
Girlfriend's shoulder, but only when the wife isn't around
I usually use a monopod or a tripod .
I usually use a monopod or a tripod .
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 11:13
Link
deppends what I'm shooting and which lens.
With my Tamron 300 F2.8 I'll use a support of some kind if possible, although I have been known to use it hand held for fast moving subjects like aircraft in flight.
With my FA 80-320 it's generally hand held with SR on.
With my Tamron 300 F2.8 I'll use a support of some kind if possible, although I have been known to use it hand held for fast moving subjects like aircraft in flight.
With my FA 80-320 it's generally hand held with SR on.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 14/10/2009 - 11:44
Link
I've heard of the Bushhawk or similar products but have never used one.
The price of the BH seems reasonable so let me know how it is.
One tip, the canon 450D and the rest in that series use the same cord trigger so they should work with Pentax.
The price of the BH seems reasonable so let me know how it is.
One tip, the canon 450D and the rest in that series use the same cord trigger so they should work with Pentax.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 12:07
Link
I prefer to use a tripod but often end up hand-holding as I don't have it with me Usually with dire results I am sad to say. I have used anything to hand when I can such as a shoe, motorcycle saddle, rucksack, camera bag... These usually end up with me swearing as I can never quite get the picture how I want it. I've never used a monopod so cannot comment.
Cheers, Kris.
Cheers, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 12:12
Link
Anvh wrote:
I've heard of the Bushhawk or similar products but have never used one.
The price of the BH seems reasonable so let me know how it is.
One tip, the canon 450D and the rest in that series use the same cord trigger so they should work with Pentax.
They do a Pentax cable at $40. Once in stock, the orders in and I sit and wait.I've heard of the Bushhawk or similar products but have never used one.
The price of the BH seems reasonable so let me know how it is.
One tip, the canon 450D and the rest in that series use the same cord trigger so they should work with Pentax.
Regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 14/10/2009 - 14:31
Link
K10D wrote:
They do a Pentax cable at $40. Once in stock, the orders in and I sit and wait.
Regards
I was looking at a local dealer here, they only had Nikon and Canon kits.They do a Pentax cable at $40. Once in stock, the orders in and I sit and wait.
Regards
They have the grip with Canon 450D cord for € 89,95 and the extra front grip for € 23,95 not a bad price a good tri- or mono pod cost the same.
Just found the pentax cable it's €25 but looks the same as the canon 450d kit so ^^
Posted 14/10/2009 - 14:43
Link
I use either a tripod or monopod when using my Sigma 170-500mm as a rule. I've occasionally used it freehand for fast moving objects (helicopters and the like).
I'll also use support for my 55-200mm if conditions call for it.
Some of the strangest things I've used for support include a lamp-post, bollard and the upright pole at the back of a route-master bus!
I'll also use support for my 55-200mm if conditions call for it.
Some of the strangest things I've used for support include a lamp-post, bollard and the upright pole at the back of a route-master bus!
Posted 14/10/2009 - 19:37
Link
If you use a tripod with the head left untightened it offers some stability whilst retaining the ability to move the camera. Very useful for long telephoto shots of nature subjects.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



6417 posts
17 years
How do you use your telephoto lenses-hand held, monopod, bean bag, the wifes shoulder, the girlfriends shoulder, next doors wheelie bin?
Basically 200mm plus inc TC if fitted.
I am waiting for Adorama to get these back in stock.
link
Regards