Another pointless thread

Defragged

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 20:33
Hardgravity wrote:
Just checked another, better, quote, and that's less than half the Devi(TT)ls quote!

Funny thing is it's with the same provider!!

Guess where I'll be taking out a policy...

Maybe the first quoter missunderstood you. Did you make it clear that you wanted to go for a ride, or as I last suggested be taken for a ride. lol

Insurance brokers are a bit like car dealers. Iv'e never met one yet that didn't have fins on his/her back.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Gwyn

Link Posted 28/02/2019 - 21:59
Not long now until you can get out and really enjoy it. Glad you've got it insured. Let's hope for good biking weather in 4 and a bit weeks.

RobL

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 15:26
Where did spring go? A few days ago I was dozing in the garden with a glass of something, now itís cold, wet and windy. Spent the afternoon putting an app on Gillís phone so she can remotely connect with her car, it took much longer than it should because she can never remember her passwords nor her security questions so having tried everything and getting locked out I eventually managed to set new ones. It turns out that was my fault for not having saved them somewhere!

Defragged

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 15:40
RobL wrote:
Where did spring go? A few days ago I was dozing in the garden with a glass of something, now itís cold, wet and windy. Spent the afternoon putting an app on Gillís phone so she can remotely connect with her car, it took much longer than it should because she can never remember her passwords nor her security questions so having tried everything and getting locked out I eventually managed to set new ones. It turns out that was my fault for not having saved them somewhere!

Spring is still springing and if you don't use the weather as a yardstck by which to measure it you'll find it's still glorious.

And I agree with your missus, you should have saved her passwords. What were you thinking of? Shame on you!!!.....
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

Gwyn

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 16:45
More like autumn here at the mo. March is certainly coming in like a lion.
Snowdrops, daffs and mahonia all prove it really is spring, and tbh I'd rather have this weather now than the warm of last week - that just wasn't normal.

RobL

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 17:50
Gwyn wrote:
More like autumn here at the mo. March is certainly coming in like a lion.
Snowdrops, daffs and mahonia all prove it really is spring, and tbh I'd rather have this weather now than the warm of last week - that just wasn't normal.

I could have lived with not normal!

RobL

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 18:38
Spent the evening musing on a little known version of martial arts practised by the Welsh, handed down to Gill from her formidable granny. Itís main feature is deftness with a cast iron skillet with whom Gran has been known to render an opponent senseless with one blow. Heaven help any poor intruder who rashly lets her near the pan drawer!

Algernon

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 19:25
You need to put up a sign that says.....

NEVER MIND THE DOG....
BEWARE OF THE WIFE!!!

Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

RobL

Link Posted 03/03/2019 - 22:07
Algernon wrote:
You need to put up a sign that says.....

NEVER MIND THE DOG....
BEWARE OF THE WIFE!!!

Ex son-in-law can testify to that. Poor sod.

Hardgravity

Link Posted 05/03/2019 - 08:57
And the insurance thing goes on..

...LV, who do my car quoted £612 BUT...

...they'll accept 5 years NCD and let me protect it, I also get 180 days , that's correct, 6 MONTHS cover abroad and a lower excess!

Might be worth it as next year I can look around with a better NCD and know it'll be accepted.

as for wives, mine bought me this a few years back...

Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K5+Tammy 18-250, a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

Algernon

Link Posted 05/03/2019 - 10:37
Isn't 6 years the maximum NCD. That's usually all they will show on the renewal notice even if you have 20 I once made a mistake telling a new insurance company company the true figure of 20. They then asked for proof, but the renewal said 6. Luckily I had paperwork going back the 20 so I sent them off.... changed companies and when I asked for my proof back they lost it

I've been with Hastings Direct for the last 3 years (Car) they have been very competitive with the renewals which most companies usually aren't. They even switched the breakdown cover over to the RAC without extra charge.

--

--

Algi

Lubbyman

Link Posted 05/03/2019 - 11:33
An insurance broker once told me that motor insurers decide how much risk exposure they can tolerate. They then decide how many of each type of vehicle and driver they want on their books in order not to exceed it. If they have enough of a particular type, they will raise their quotes for that type to discourage new business rather than say 'we don't want your type!'. This can change from month to month, so can be worth repeatedly trying the same company as well as shopping around.

A friend found that quotes for his Lotus Elise were lower if he included his wife as a driver. He's still trying to work that one out.

Steve

Algernon

Link Posted 05/03/2019 - 11:39
It helps if you drink beer They know that your not going to try and drive with a pint glass in your hand ........ It would get spilled and no beer drinker does that ........ Whisky drinkers on the other hand have hip flasks etc

--

Algi

Gwyn

Link Posted 05/03/2019 - 12:00
Here the vehicle is insured and anyone with the right licence can drive it. No need for named drivers and the like.
The wife included on the Lotus insurance is probably because women have a lower accident rate than men.
We just get issued with a green card, valid for a year, instead of a certificate or whatever too.
Don't forget you may need an IDP and a green card for Europe if it's a no deal at the end of the month.

Today the sun is shining, the sky is blue, the temp is 9C but windchill means it feels like 3C. Shame. The last of yesterdays storm blowing out I guess. More rain tomorrow.

jeallen01

Link Posted 05/03/2019 - 12:46
Hardgravity wrote:
...as for wives, mine bought me this a few years back...

Mine hung a different poster, but with the same message, in the bedroom a few years ago!

Took it down when I redecorated the room - and she now sleeps in the front bedroom because, being a Type 1 diabetic, she has to wake up a lot at night to do blood tests, and I'm kinda tempted to put up a slightly different version of that poster in there, saying "Sometimes I used to wake up Grumpy. Other times I let HER sleep"
K-3 II, K-3 and K-30 (now running the Hacked K-50 f/w, so it thinks it is one of those ), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!) - and now a K-70 from SRS
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 05/03/2019 - 12:46
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.