Another 16-85 problem

PaulEvans
Posted 01/08/2019 - 18:41 Link
I said I would report back on how this went. I bought this lens from SRS, so I contacted them when it developed a fault.
Today I received my repaired 16-85 back from SRS, and it now appears to be working perfectly.
I have to say SRS's outstanding reputation for customer service is fully justified. Many thanks to them.
Quite enjoyed rediscovering my 16-45 while it was away. Lucky I hadn't sold it!

Paul
K3ii, DA16-85, DA35mm Limited, FA77mm Limited, 55mm f1.8 K, 135mm f3.5 M, DA300, DA 1.4 HD TC,
DA16-45, Sigma 15mm f2.8. Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro
richandfleur
Posted 01/08/2019 - 21:32 Link
What a great result. Thanks for reporting back too.
tigershoot
Posted 02/08/2019 - 20:46 Link
Good to hear of the excellent outcome - have to say though that it would make a tremendous difference to the user experience if the quality, and testing, at the time of manufacture was better.
K3iii, K3ii, K-5, K-x, DA150-450mm, DA16-85WR, DA16-45, DA18-55WR, DA18-135WR, DA35 F2.4, M100mm F4 Macro, DA55-300mm, FA50mm 1.4, AF360 Flash, AF540 Flash
Posted 02/09/2021 - 10:08 Link
Currently on holiday and mine did something similar yesterday, just wouldn't zoom past 35mm and if it did it then didn't want to retract past 35mm. I read on another forum someone saying they got theres working by pointing it upwards and zooming but instead a tiny piece of metal and washer fell out! Guess it will be going off for repair, just a frustrating time for it to happen as it is such a useful range on holiday.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo