An evening in Windsor Great Park....
Posted 19/02/2008 - 23:24
Link
I love No.1. How did you avoid the sun getting blown out?
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
Posted 20/02/2008 - 07:26
Link
Hi and thanks..
mainly a mixture of luck and dumb chance.. I exposed for the lighter parts of the picture which kept everything quite dark, along with -0.5 ev and then pulled up the brightness in PP. It so happened that there was still colour in all but the centre of the sun. As I was more interested in showing Mrs Liam how to use her camera, I wasn't really trying that hard for myself, and as I say.. I got lucky.
Cheers
Liam
mainly a mixture of luck and dumb chance.. I exposed for the lighter parts of the picture which kept everything quite dark, along with -0.5 ev and then pulled up the brightness in PP. It so happened that there was still colour in all but the centre of the sun. As I was more interested in showing Mrs Liam how to use her camera, I wasn't really trying that hard for myself, and as I say.. I got lucky.
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Posted 20/02/2008 - 12:44
Link
Quote:
Hi and thanks..
As I was more interested in showing Mrs Liam how to use her camera, I wasn't really trying that hard for myself, and as I say.. I got lucky.
Cheers
Liam
The funny thing is: The harder you practice, the luckier you get. Hi and thanks..
As I was more interested in showing Mrs Liam how to use her camera, I wasn't really trying that hard for myself, and as I say.. I got lucky.
Cheers
Liam
I like them both. Yoy captured the mood very well, dispite the contrasty conditions. If you are half as good educating the Misses, as you are photographing, I think we can enjoy a lot of good picures from your better half in the near future.
Martin.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


931 posts
20 years
Bracknell Berkshire
I've just bought Mrs Liam a DL, so she can learn photography.. sadly that'll mainly be by my teaching.. she will be joining us here soon though, so she'll get proper advice as well.. I took her over to Windsor Great Park for a practice.. and as she hasn't joined yet, I thought I'd show you a couple of mine instead.
Cheers
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas