Advice please

jeallen01

Link Posted 16/02/2020 - 21:21
Chrism8 wrote:
Have you considered BBF ( back button focussing ) takes a short while to get used to, but after that becomes second nature.

Try BBF - but make sure you can use it for an extended period as I can't because my thumb joint rapidly gets painful at the acute angle needed to use it!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

bforbes

Link Posted 16/02/2020 - 21:44
jeallen01 wrote:
Try BBF - but make sure you can use it for an extended period as I can't because my thumb joint rapidly gets painful at the acute angle needed to use it!

Now I find it well placed and quite easy to use on K1and K3. It is more of a chore on the K5
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

jeallen01

Link Posted 16/02/2020 - 22:39
bforbes wrote:
jeallen01 wrote:

Now I find it well placed and quite easy to use on K1and K3. It is more of a chore on the K5

Nevertheless, I can't use BBF on my K3's (and the K-70) for reasons as posted.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)

bforbes

Link Posted 17/02/2020 - 00:23
jeallen01 wrote:
bforbes wrote:
Quote:

Nevertheless, I can't use BBF on my K3's (and the K-70) for reasons as posted.

I did not say that you could or that you should
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

davidwozhere

Link Posted 17/02/2020 - 00:46
The button is recessed just above a sort of 'shelf' on these cameras meaning (for me) clutching the front of the camera with my right fingertips so that I can arch my thumb up and over the ridge to plant the tip of it on the button. Now you want me to press it as well and then shove my forefinger down on the shutter release, which now leaves only three arthritic finger tips and a thumb tip clutching the camera.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

jeallen01

Link Posted 17/02/2020 - 09:11
davidwozhere wrote:
The button is recessed just above a sort of 'shelf' on these cameras meaning (for me) clutching the front of the camera with my right fingertips so that I can arch my thumb up and over the ridge to plant the tip of it on the button. Now you want me to press it as well and then shove my forefinger down on the shutter release, which now leaves only three arthritic finger tips and a thumb tip clutching the camera.

That pretty much describes exactly why I also can't use BBF!

takuman

Link Posted 19/02/2020 - 14:59
Hi all. More advice please. I have been looking at a Vanguard Supreme 46F Hard Waterproof Camera Case (SRS have them at decent price at the moment) and wondering if any of you out there use one and have any comments etc. Thanks for looking John
Just passing thru
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.