Adobe releases subscription-only Photoshop CC

tyronet2000

Link Posted 09/07/2013 - 18:41
Quote:

When you save them with compatibility mode on you can simply open the files with CS6 or the now free CS2

You still get the nag screen asking you to register in CS2 other than that it seems to work ok.
Regards
Stan

PPG

cabstar

Link Posted 09/07/2013 - 19:43
Smeggypants wrote:
cabstar wrote:
Quote:
tyronet2000 wrote:
No one has mentioned the monthly rental for a telephone line, should we all have the opportunity to purchase one outright? There are other things which can only be rented and you never own so why the sudden Adobe is a monster campaign.

It probably wasn't mentioned becuase it's not a valid analogy. Stop paying for your line rental and you don't suddenly lose access to those phone calls you made years ago.

what access do we lose? I don't see what we lose...

How would you open photoshop files that only CC software could open if you stopped paying your "rental" and the software ceased to work.

I edit in photoshop throughh lightroom so never use psd files. Once i have finished editing i export as jpeg and job done....
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Last Edited by cabstar on 09/07/2013 - 20:13

Smeggypants

Link Posted 09/07/2013 - 20:34
cabstar wrote:
Smeggypants wrote:
Quote:
Smeggypants wrote:
tyronet2000 wrote:
No one has mentioned the monthly rental for a telephone line, should we all have the opportunity to purchase one outright? There are other things which can only be rented and you never own so why the sudden Adobe is a monster campaign.

It probably wasn't mentioned becuase it's not a valid analogy. Stop paying for your line rental and you don't suddenly lose access to those phone calls you made years ago.

what access do we lose? I don't see what we lose...

How would you open photoshop files that only CC software could open if you stopped paying your "rental" and the software ceased to work.

I edit in photoshop throughh lightroom so never use psd files. Once i have finished editing i export as jpeg and job done....

Fair doos
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.