A trip back in time
Posted 24/01/2012 - 21:08
Link
Kinda like that Dukes Cab 'abstract' shot for some reason, and the 'vintage' looking dark monos - great work guys
Pentax pour des images riches en détails!
Posted 24/01/2012 - 21:17
Link
stopher wrote:
Despite this being only 1 mile from where I live, I haven't taken the camera down there!
But...I have been know to frequent the excellent trackside bar!
There is another on the 25th/26th Feb I`ll probably go to that as well, be nice to see you down there if you can make it!.
Despite this being only 1 mile from where I live, I haven't taken the camera down there!
But...I have been know to frequent the excellent trackside bar!
Posted 30/01/2012 - 23:29
Link
Tunnel vision
[IMG]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Davidtrout2/Tunnelvision.jpg[/IMG]
A view inside Bury Tunnel as the loco Lord Nelson backs out out during the East Lancashire Railway's Steam Gala on Saturday January 21.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
[IMG]http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy273/Davidtrout2/Tunnelvision.jpg[/IMG]
A view inside Bury Tunnel as the loco Lord Nelson backs out out during the East Lancashire Railway's Steam Gala on Saturday January 21.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 31/01/2012 - 19:35
Link
Cliff-P wrote:
Might just do that...thanks!
stopher wrote:
Despite this being only 1 mile from where I live, I haven't taken the camera down there!
But...I have been know to frequent the excellent trackside bar!
There is another on the 25th/26th Feb I`ll probably go to that as well, be nice to see you down there if you can make it!.Despite this being only 1 mile from where I live, I haven't taken the camera down there!
But...I have been know to frequent the excellent trackside bar!
Posted 31/01/2012 - 20:07
Link
Great atmospheric set of images, particularly like the image looking through the footbridge window, down onto the platform.
From looking at the first image, my nostrils, were full of the smell, that only the mixture of steam, smoke and hot oil can give, wonderful.
Take care.
From looking at the first image, my nostrils, were full of the smell, that only the mixture of steam, smoke and hot oil can give, wonderful.
Take care.
Chris R.
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
I. El. (Eng). (Rtd).
Posted 31/01/2012 - 23:14
Link
Another great shot, between us we must have fired of a lot of shots.
Posted 31/01/2012 - 23:24
Link
Just a strait shot of the Duke of Gloucester.
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/DUKE.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/DUKE.jpg[/IMG]
Posted 31/01/2012 - 23:37
Link
Have you burned in the top of the boiler John? My shots of The Duke suffered from blown highlights on the shiny paintwork.
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
David
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Posted 31/01/2012 - 23:44
Link
Just a touch David mine where as well.
Posted 01/02/2012 - 06:45
Link
Not really my scene ... or so I thought until looking through this thread. Loved some of those shots, although the colour versions look good the B&W conversions take us right back to yesteryear. Really enjoyed looking through these.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
Posted 24/02/2012 - 19:40
Link
I know its a bit late! but just as a reminder to anyone who fancies photographing steam locos, the Bury steam Gala is on again this weekend (25th/26th). John941, Johnwhit and myself will be over there on Sunday.
So, if you fancy steam and smoke up your nostrils a cup of tea and maybe a pint of real ale in the buffet, then feel free to join us.
So, if you fancy steam and smoke up your nostrils a cup of tea and maybe a pint of real ale in the buffet, then feel free to join us.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


69 posts
16 years
Bury,
Lancs.
Despite this being only 1 mile from where I live, I haven't taken the camera down there!
But...I have been know to frequent the excellent trackside bar!