Now only memories

K10D
Posted 24/02/2012 - 12:31 Link
I took this last night

This morning I was told that my father in law died yesterday. At 87 he had a long innings. No suffering. Now, a sense of loss and fond memories.

Long rest Alexander.

transistion

Comment Image


Best regards
Too far from a shore.
pianoman
Posted 24/02/2012 - 12:36 Link
Sorry to read about your loss and the picture speaks volumes
All the best

David
Gwyn
Posted 24/02/2012 - 12:40 Link
My condolences to you and all your family.
K10D
Posted 24/02/2012 - 13:48 Link
Comments appreciated.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
jeeess1967
Posted 24/02/2012 - 14:31 Link
My condolences on the sad loss my friend.

Take care,

Regards,

Jeeess
K-5, K-7 and K10D, Pentax 18-135 WR,18-55 WR,Pentax 28-105,Sigma 28-300, Sigma 28-80 (Macro) and Pentax 50-200 WR.
greynolds999
Posted 24/02/2012 - 15:29 Link
Sorry for your loss Gary.
bforbes
Posted 24/02/2012 - 15:50 Link
Sorry Gary, must be difficult when you'r away from home and family.
K10D
Posted 24/02/2012 - 16:08 Link
Comments appreciated chaps.

It's never easy Barrie. Makes you take stock of things that really matter.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Stuey
Posted 24/02/2012 - 19:02 Link
Condolences from here in Wales as well.
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
fritzthedog
Posted 24/02/2012 - 19:56 Link
My condolences too Gary - the image does somehow feel fitting.

Kind regards
Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
fatspider
Posted 24/02/2012 - 20:09 Link
87 is definitely a good innings, it still doesn't soften the blow though, sincere condolences to you and your family Gary.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Frogfish
Posted 24/02/2012 - 21:29 Link
Sincere condolences and a lovely shot that perfectly matches the occasion.
http://frogfish.smugmug.com/ Pentax. Pentax DA*300/4, Cosina 55/1.2, Lens Baby Composer Pro & Edge 80, AFA x1.7, Metz 50 af1.
Nikon. D800. D600. Sigma 500/4.5, Nikon 300/2.8 VRII, Sigma 120-300/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 21/2.8, Zeiss Distagon ZF2 35/2.0, Sigma 50/1.4, Nikkor 85/1.8, Nikon TC20EIII, Nikon TC14EII, Kenko x1.4, Sigma 2.0
K10D
Posted 25/02/2012 - 10:30 Link
fritzthedog wrote:
My condolences too Gary - the image does somehow feel fitting.

Kind regards
Carl
Thanks Carl, just wish I'd seen the spelling mistake on the title.

fatspider wrote:
87 is definitely a good innings, it still doesn't soften the blow though, sincere condolences to you and your family Gary.
87 is good Alan, he will be missed.

Frogfish wrote:
Sincere condolences and a lovely shot that perfectly matches the occasion.
I just find it odd that I was out there doing these shots which I normally don't do.

All comments appreciated.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
davidtrout
Posted 25/02/2012 - 10:35 Link
The mood of your sunset picture absolutly fits how you must feel at this this sad time.
Best wishes,
David.
aliengrove
Posted 25/02/2012 - 14:29 Link
Condolences on your loss.This picture will always remind you of him so it is fitting that you were photographing something different. and the mood of the image is somehow appropriate.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo