A few more from Brooklands race track.


pschlute

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 13:47
A few more images from the old track, including a section that runs past Tesco where they cut out a section of banking for the new road




IMGP4281-HDR by Peter Schluter, on Flickr


IMGP4337 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr


IMGP4201 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr


IMGP4187 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr


IMGP4229 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr
Peter



My Flickr page

Chrism8

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 14:00
#1 and #3 are great, looks like if you park at Tesco, you can walk the old circuit ?
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 14:18
Chrism8 wrote:
#1 and #3 are great, looks like if you park at Tesco, you can walk the old circuit ?

You can walk three sections of the old circuit that are next to the Tesco car park. The second and third pictures are of the section opposite.

The first image, and the one I posted a couple of days ago, are sections of the track inside the museum. Three days a week they do short car rides in open-top period vehicles that use the section of track that goes under the bridge.
Peter



My Flickr page

Chrism8

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 14:22
Thanks for the quick reply Peter
Chris

www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk

" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".

-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8

Sigma 100-300 F4, Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8

K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM

Helpful

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 16:15
Great pictures.

Incredible when you think about it, the speed folk would drive at in monster cars, no power steering, no protection and safety an after thought.
Be well, stay well.

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 16:45
Urbanmeister wrote:
Great pictures.

Incredible when you think about it, the speed folk would drive at in monster cars, no power steering, no protection and safety an after thought.

It was not until the 1970's that serious changes were made to make motor sport significantly safer.

I wont post a link on here, but YT has videos showing horrific crashes at Brooklands.
Peter



My Flickr page

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 17:48
Just watched the Big Bentley, No. 41, come off the track, killing the driver. Incredible. The music, almost jolly.

I think it was Jackie Stewart who led the charge on driver safety, not before time either.

Thanks again for the images, not only good, but hark back to a time that seems 'so long ago...'
Be well, stay well.
Last Edited by Urbanmeister on 21/08/2021 - 17:49

Helpful

pschlute

Link Posted 21/08/2021 - 19:49
Urbanmeister wrote:
Just watched the Big Bentley, No. 41, come off the track, killing the driver. Incredible. The music, almost jolly.

I think it was Jackie Stewart who led the charge on driver safety, not before time either.

Thanks again for the images, not only good, but hark back to a time that seems 'so long ago...'

Yes it it is not for the faint hearted and as you note, the music is quite bizarre.

Different times, different values I guess.
Peter



My Flickr page

smc

Link Posted 23/08/2021 - 15:39
I like no4 - driverís eye view.

Helpful
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.