A decision I have made

walkeja

Link Posted 25/03/2014 - 11:29
A decision I have made is to no longer enter the quarterly competition run by this website. I shall be entering the weekly and monthly competitions when I deem fit.
The reason for this decision is that the quarterly judges do not report on why the photographs won or lost. Ignorance in my view, afterall, when the magazine was published as a paper copy, the reason for choosing the winning photos was given.
The judges of the monthly and weekly competitions give their views on all the photographs entered.
Thanks for reading.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

gartmore

Link Posted 25/03/2014 - 13:45
The monthly and weekly competition judges willingly give their time as volunteers. I wouldn't expect the professional people who run Magezine Publishing to have the time to write a considered critique for every picture entered
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

johnriley

Link Posted 25/03/2014 - 15:10
To be fair, there is a free camera on offer, which could be some incentive.
Best regards, John

walkeja

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 14:00
gartmore wrote:
I wouldn't expect the professional people who run Magezine Publishing to have the time to write a considered critique for every picture entered

Then they shouldn't be doing it! I mean the competition.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member

johnriley

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 14:06
Why not? Lots of people want to enter their images, so why should they not have the opportunity?

If an individual doesn't want to, then they are not forced to either.
Best regards, John

Blythman

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 15:17
walkeja wrote:
gartmore wrote:
I wouldn't expect the professional people who run Magezine Publishing to have the time to write a considered critique for every picture entered

That's why I didn't enter the annual BBC Countryfile competition. I thought if they can't be bothered to send me a critique they can keep their hundreds of pounds worth of gear on offer ... huh
Alan

PPG
Flickr

geordie01

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 16:46
Blythman wrote:
walkeja wrote:
Quote:

That's why I didn't enter the annual BBC Countryfile competition. I thought if they can't be bothered to send me a critique they can keep their hundreds of pounds worth of gear on offer ... huh

Good grief Alan would you really want a critique off Jo Brand ?

davidstorm

Link Posted 26/03/2014 - 22:41
Could you all please post some entries in this week's Weekly Competition? There's only two entered so far

Cheers
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.