Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Flashmeter

pentaxian450
Posted 25/03/2014 - 22:34 Link
Last week, my 20some years old flashmeter had a "stroke". So, instead of seeing the "lighmeter doctor", I sent it to its "grave", and invested in a new Sekonic L478DR.

That thing is incredible. I calibrated it for the dynamic range of my cameras, and the lighmeter always takes into account the highlights and shadows to give the best exposure given the subject.

To top it off, the DR version has a radio trigger incorporated that works in conjunction with the "Pocket Wizard" remotes.

Fantastic!
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
python118
Posted 25/03/2014 - 22:50 Link
Sorry to hear about your beloved flashmeter would these flashmeters measure the same light as your sensor in your camera in the day light or would the meter give off a more correct reading.

Regards Dave
pentaxian450
Posted 25/03/2014 - 23:21 Link
This lightmeter measures flash, incident and reflected light.

So, yes it would measure the same thing as the camera.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
gartmore
Posted 26/03/2014 - 08:19 Link
I was looking at that meter just last week and I would have bought it if there was a Bowens Pulsar module
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
stub
Posted 26/03/2014 - 11:33 Link
Great purchase Yves... Wouldn't mind one myself. Just have to wait for the l308 to die. Could be some time,,,,
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.