A bit of TLC.
Posted 12/08/2009 - 19:27
Link
Nice find and shot
Lil Andy
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
Posted 12/08/2009 - 19:29
Link
This would be nice in a soft black & white and sepia nice photo.
Posted 12/08/2009 - 19:40
Link
I don't agree about mono, John has lovely subdued colours that match the subject so well. In mono it might go a bit flat. Personally I would crop off the left edge which would lose the red thing and that concrete bit and the arch too.
Mike
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 12/08/2009 - 20:24
Link
Very nice John,lovely colours and atmosphere.Tony.
K7,DA*50-135, 35mmLTD Macro, 21mm Ltd, Voightlaender 58mm 1.4 NOKTON SL,Ricoh GRD,GRX, Zeiss 100mm f2 Makro Planar.Zeiss Ikon ZM,Zeiss f1.5 C Sonnar.
It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
It ain't no sin to take off your skin,and dance around in your bones.Tom Waits.
Posted 12/08/2009 - 20:53
Link
erm i dno but i think a sepia would go nice to, ude have to try
Lil Andy
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
K20D, PENTAX DA 18-55, TAMRON DI 70-300, PENTAX SMC-K 135 f2.5
www.ajohnson-photography.co.uk
Posted 12/08/2009 - 21:18
Link
I'm with Mike W. Super colours. Black and white would be a terrible waste.
It's great that there are so few clues to the date (other than the Haras fencing, but that is barely noticeable). It could have been taken a hundred years ago.
G
It's great that there are so few clues to the date (other than the Haras fencing, but that is barely noticeable). It could have been taken a hundred years ago.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 12/08/2009 - 21:51
Link
These engines are all about colour and brass, keep to the colours I like it.
The older I get the faster I was.
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Dave
K-3 II, K10D, DA16-85, DA*50-135, DA12-24, DA18-55, DA 50, Sigma EX DG 70mm Macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma DG 120-400mm APO HSM.
Metz 58 AF-1.
My Flickr link
Posted 12/08/2009 - 21:56
Link
I agree with the colour but I tried a B/W and Sepia and they were both just as nice and I'm not a B/W fan,
Posted 12/08/2009 - 23:29
Link
John, this is an awesome and beautiful shot, and remember you can have both.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 13/08/2009 - 01:35
Link
Love this shot!!!
Posted 13/08/2009 - 09:41
Link
Thanks for all the compliments guys.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


174 posts
19 years
LANCASHIRE UK
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a2/JOHN941/sized_STEAMROLLER1.jpg[/IMG]