5 in a row - Blythman
Posted 22/10/2014 - 20:20
Link
simonarron wrote:
Assume it's somewhere off the north-east coast: St Mary's Lighthouse, perhaps?
Hint... the clue is in the title Simon.
Assume it's somewhere off the north-east coast: St Mary's Lighthouse, perhaps?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 22/10/2014 - 20:23
Link
Didn't spot that!
Posted 22/10/2014 - 20:29
Link
#3 I can't complain about it as I would not be up at 06.26 to take it.
The intense colour and back lit clouds are great as are the reflections in the foreground.
Would anything be lost if you cropped off the really dark patches on the bottom edge?
The intense colour and back lit clouds are great as are the reflections in the foreground.
Would anything be lost if you cropped off the really dark patches on the bottom edge?
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 22/10/2014 - 21:41
Link
bforbes wrote:
#3
The intense colour and back lit clouds are great as are the reflections in the foreground.
Would anything be lost if you cropped off the really dark patches on the bottom edge?
I agree with Barrie - while I appreciate your response about keeping as much of the relfection as possible, I think that it would give the image a better balance.#3
The intense colour and back lit clouds are great as are the reflections in the foreground.
Would anything be lost if you cropped off the really dark patches on the bottom edge?
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 22/10/2014 - 21:59
Link
On a roll here Alan, No 3 is the one for me so far ... beautiful colours and a kind of soft focus effect ... gorgeous!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 22/10/2014 - 22:57
Link
Number 2 is very good, but number 3 really hits the spot for me. This is more my kind of image, great colours, beautifully balanced and a superb composition. Nothing to criticise, everything to admire.
Regards
David
Regards
David
Posted 22/10/2014 - 23:11
Link
As comments above Alan. A very good image. I'm also well impressed that theres no coal on the beach. The lads must have been out extra early and shovled it all up.
As a youngster I could never understand why there was black sand at Hartlepool and yelow sand at Gt Yarmouth?
Best regards
As a youngster I could never understand why there was black sand at Hartlepool and yelow sand at Gt Yarmouth?
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 23/10/2014 - 11:09
Link
Alan,
No1, love the detail in the mono conversion, I think colour would spoil the emotion and detail in the photo.
No2, Well spotted, but agree for me I think I may have been tempted to clone out the boots sign as it is a little distracting.
No3, Wow, what a great capture of the morning light. The colour and the composition are superb.
Looking forward to the next two.
No1, love the detail in the mono conversion, I think colour would spoil the emotion and detail in the photo.
No2, Well spotted, but agree for me I think I may have been tempted to clone out the boots sign as it is a little distracting.
No3, Wow, what a great capture of the morning light. The colour and the composition are superb.
Looking forward to the next two.
Posted 23/10/2014 - 19:15
Link
Number one still has it but four is close. It suits the letter box format and the low point of view. It looks as if you could step off the groyne onto the edge of the world. Oh, I forgot the foreground interest and the colour which are also good
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 23/10/2014 - 19:32
Link
Alan
Lovely - nice composition, light and colour. The exposure time you've chosen works well for me also. It would have been easy to have a long exposure to 'smooth out' the sea and create one of those 'milky sea' shots, but by choosing a shorter exposure you've captured the details in the waves and the foaming water.
Phil
Lovely - nice composition, light and colour. The exposure time you've chosen works well for me also. It would have been easy to have a long exposure to 'smooth out' the sea and create one of those 'milky sea' shots, but by choosing a shorter exposure you've captured the details in the waves and the foaming water.
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 23/10/2014 - 19:50
Link
For me this one is the pick, so far, of a fine batch. I echo Phil's comments pretty much to the syllable. Fantastic colour rendition and it all looks so natural: 1/13 of a second of pure magic.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



633 posts
16 years
Beckenham,
Kent
Still can't see a kingfisher, but it's none the worse for that.