Toon49

Joined: 4th April 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Toon49
Thanks for all the advice but need to sell 1st any interest?

Comment by Toon49 posted on Few lenses for sale also looking for an af teleconvertor at 10/04/2014 - 20:51

Toon49
Thanks all really useful! Anyone interested in the lenses I have for sale?

Comment by Toon49 posted on Few lenses for sale also looking for an af teleconvertor at 08/04/2014 - 20:10

Toon49
YORKSBOY wrote:
Hi

As per my PM I have a Tamron 500mm Mirror lens that I' prepared to sell. However, in my opinion it isn't really suitable for a safari. Whilst it is possible to hand hold the Tamron it is best on a tripod. If I were you I would use the 70-300 that you are used to.

if you have the funds then consider hiring the DA*300 and converter as suggested.

Good luck.


John
Thanks for your honesty! I think I will stick to my 300mm

Unfortunately
Aleks1298 wrote:
Hey,
I know you said £100 but many have been suggesting more pricey options so here goes.

I have a Tamron-F 1.4x Teleconverter which will support all AF features, including SDM and DC motors. Rumour has it, that it is identical to Pentax version, but I have no idea about that one. Priced at £185

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/fs--tamron-f-af-tele-converter-1-4x-pz-af...

Also I have a Sigma 50-500 non HSM, non OS version priced at £400. It is currently reserved, but if the sale doesn't go through, it would be a good fit for you. Nice, long, sharp and reasonably priced lens.

https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/topic/fs--sigma-50-500mm-f4-6-3-apo-ex-dg--bigm...
As much as I'd love to my budget is still £100 and even that's after I know I can sell my lenses! Going to Tanzania has cost me all my savings so I'm on a tight budget! Thanks anyway

Comment by Toon49 posted on Few lenses for sale also looking for an af teleconvertor at 06/04/2014 - 20:17

Toon49
Mike-P wrote:
Personally, given that its possibly a once in a lifetime trip I would consider hiring a DA* 300mm and one of the new 1.4x teleconverters from Chris at SRS.
Thanks I did consider hiring but I'm a medical student out there working in a hospital so will be there for 10 weeks and I would be too concerned it might get stolen or lost!

Comment by Toon49 posted on Few lenses for sale also looking for an af teleconvertor at 06/04/2014 - 18:22

Toon49
gwing wrote:
Toon49 wrote:
Basically I'm going on safari in Africa and looking for an af teleconver to increase the focal length of my lenses as I can't afford to buy a 500mm lens unfortunately! I would be very interested if anyone has one for sale or can recommend me one for a relatively cheap price around £100!

To fund this I'm selling a few things I rarely use!

1. SMC PENTAX-DA L 1:4-5.6 50-200mm ED lens. Not really sure on price as haven't really looked but will say £70 feel free to let me know if that's way out!

2. SMC PENTAX-M 1:1.7 50mm lens. Got this from my dads old Pentax film camera! Still perfect condition as far as I can see! £35

3.Panagor PMC auto Tele converter 2x pk will only sell this if I get a new teleconverter so won't put a price on it yet!

If I'm way out on prices please let me know, I'm still quite new to photography so any advise on the teleconverter via pm (so we don't overbump thread!) will be much appreciated. Will upload pictures of the lenses if theres any interest as my internet is very slow so taking forever when I try!
You need to be very careful here in your choice of equipment as, basically, you need a f4 or faster lens to autofocus reliably with a teleconverter and it needs to be a decent quality lens as well to stand up to the image enlargement. Which body will focus reliably with which lens and which teleconverter is a bit of a minefield. Could you let us know what body and what lenses you already have, or are intending to get for use with a teleconverter?
Ah that's interesting, I'm using fairly budget equipment so maybe this idea won't be possible. I have a pentax k-r and I was hoping to use a tamron 70-300mm telemacro lens, appreciate the help!

Comment by Toon49 posted on Few lenses for sale also looking for an af teleconvertor at 06/04/2014 - 16:54

Toon49
Hi I am looking for a teleconverter to use with my tamron 70-300mm telemacro lens which has auto focus. Would this be suitable (would it still autofocus)? I'm very confused after looking at teleconverter what will work and what won't!

Comment by Toon49 posted on Sigma AF 1.4x Tele Converter for Pentax RARE FA DA F at 06/04/2014 - 14:46

Toon49
Basically I'm going on safari in Africa and looking for an af teleconver to increase the focal length of my lenses as I can't afford to buy a 500mm lens unfortunately! I would be very interested if anyone has one for sale or can recommend me one for a relatively cheap price around £100!

To fund this I'm selling a few things I rarely use!

1. SMC PENTAX-DA L 1:4-5.6 50-200mm ED lens. Not really sure on price as haven't really looked but will say £70 feel free to let me know if that's way out!

2. SMC PENTAX-M 1:1.7 50mm lens. Got this from my dads old Pentax film camera! Still perfect condition as far as I can see! £35

3.Panagor PMC auto Tele converter 2x pk will only sell this if I get a new teleconverter so won't put a price on it yet!

If I'm way out on prices please let me know, I'm still quite new to photography so any advise on the teleconverter via pm (so we don't overbump thread!) will be much appreciated. Will upload pictures of the lenses if theres any interest as my internet is very slow so taking forever when I try!

Comment by Toon49 posted on Few lenses for sale also looking for an af teleconvertor at 06/04/2014 - 14:35

Toon49
Bump

Comment by Toon49 posted on Pentax k-x with twin lens kit (18-55mm a and 50-200mm) at 01/02/2014 - 16:39

Toon49
Anyone?

Comment by Toon49 posted on Pentax k-x with twin lens kit (18-55mm a and 50-200mm) at 31/01/2014 - 08:36

Toon49
Sorry totally forgot about price! £200 plus delivery

Comment by Toon49 posted on Pentax k-x with twin lens kit (18-55mm a and 50-200mm) at 30/01/2014 - 11:07

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo