All Forum Comments
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 17/02/2021 - 14:20
Good luck with it all David...
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on KP vs K1 Image Quality at 01/02/2021 - 08:33
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on My 12 of 2020 at 02/01/2021 - 20:44
Thanks again all... hugely grateful for all your support for the project...
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 31/12/2020 - 10:38
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas indeed...
Thanks again and best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 24/12/2020 - 13:11
All out in the first class post to you all! Signed (I think I've managed to match the real life names and addresses - do let me know if I haven't), sealed, and on their way...
Thanks again...
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 17/12/2020 - 12:29
David, yes, great, the streaming/on demand thing is how quite a few theatres are getting around it this year... as you say, would be great to be there in person, but if that's not possible (and it's not going to be most places by the looks of things), then it's definitely worth doing...
John, yes, was printing all the labels/sending out emails today... will be putting everything together tomorrow (Tuesday), and down to the Post Office Wednesday... exciting times...
Thanks again all...
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 14/12/2020 - 23:33
I'm going to sign all the books, I think... certainly for now... keeps things simple my end, and the buying of the book is a huge contribution in itself, for which I'm very grateful... but gt ideas all...
Steve, very sorry to hear re your local group... as you say, I think it's going to be tricky on the performance front (music, dance, theatre, you name it) for a while... as long as there's social distancing, live performance of pretty much any kind (and watching it) will be difficult... not impossible, but difficult, and restricted for both performers and audiences alike... as you say, certainly in my line of work we're not expecting anything to change for quite a while going into 2021... there'll be exceptions (live streaming, small cast plays, the odd musical that's prepared to open and make a loss), but the maths of the theatre business remains the same: most plays need 60-70% capacity audiences to break even, and social distancing reduces that to 30-40%... something of an intractable problem...
Serge, yes, interesting to hear how it's impacting in France... very similar I think to the UK, although we traditionally tend to subsidise our individual artists less in this country (not a criticism of the UK, incidentally, just a different way of doing it)... part of the difficulty of the last year in the theatre world has been the high number of performers/freelancers/theatre workers (about 40% of the Equity membership) not covered by any of the government schemes at all (Furlough, SEISS, UC etc.)... but... I don't want to go too far down that road... I'm acutely aware that this has been a mighty tough year for everyone...
Thanks again all... am very grateful for all your support for the project... it's been a hugely positive thing to put together... here's to a hopefully more gregarious 2021!
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 12/12/2020 - 20:28
Best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 10/12/2020 - 19:15
Thanks John for the ADAPS link... much appreciated...
Peter, all gd on the print run thus far, just depends on how much traction it gets on the publicity front... would be a nice problem to have...😉
Thanks again and best
Comment by thingsthatihaveseen posted on #TheatresInDanger Book at 10/12/2020 - 14:02


Best