suffolkcolin

Joined: 2nd January 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

suffolkcolin
Thank you all for your comments. I have learnt somethings which im going to try. Hopefully i can make some improvement. If it does not get any better then i will have to save alot more pennies.

Regards Colin

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 07/08/2010 - 17:45

suffolkcolin
Thanks robin, Shame none of the reviews i read about the lens said anything about it being soft. It came top in all the reviews i read.

Colin

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 07/08/2010 - 08:31

suffolkcolin
I will try and get out and have a play over the weekend

Thanks Colin

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 06/08/2010 - 21:48

suffolkcolin
Thanks, I will give it a try. I had been using it at 300mm at F5.6 thinking i needed it to get a blurred background. I will change it now and and hopefully it will help.

Thanks again

Colin

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 06/08/2010 - 21:42

suffolkcolin
Thank you both for your ideas. I shoot most of the time in manual setting the speed and aperture ( 5.6 normally for a blurred background ) and let the camera sort the rest out. I am guilty of leaving the built-in shake reduction on all the time.
I think some of the grain comes from th exposure compensation. I shoot in RAW all the time. I have not used the unsharp mask, as i will give it a try.
Thanks for your help i now have som ideas to try.

Colin

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 06/08/2010 - 21:13

suffolkcolin
Another photo with the sigma, again slighty cropped and sharpened in photoshop.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39236064@N08/4738937210/in/photostream/

Colin.

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 06/08/2010 - 19:17

suffolkcolin
Hi Mat, Yes its better at shorter lenghts and gets worst at 300mm. There is a photo in my galley of a avocet, been slightly cropped. It has be sharpen in photshop.

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 06/08/2010 - 19:02

suffolkcolin
I have a sigma 70-300 F4-5.6 apo dg Macro lens. I am getting soft images and i dont know why. Even on a tripod and using the self timer and a fast shutter speed the images are not really sharp.

Im try to take wildlife shoots, so i have the focus on a single point and aim at the subjects eye.

I dont know what else to try as im getting very frustrated with it.

Any help will be most welcome.

Thanks Colin

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Sigma 70-300 apo lens , Advice needed. at 06/08/2010 - 18:44

suffolkcolin
Thanks Pete

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Image Stabilizing at 25/02/2010 - 21:02

suffolkcolin
Thanks Kris

Comment by suffolkcolin posted on Image Stabilizing at 25/02/2010 - 20:10

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo