Spacus

Joined: 16th April 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Spacus
Just had a look at some of the photos they are amazing what lens have you been using often. You are really good hoping to get to your stage one day

thanks

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 12:06

Spacus
I am definately getting rid of the tamron 70-300mm and one of the 18-55's and maybe the sigma 28-80 if a am recommended a good lens.

Hey guys let me know if any of you guys are willing to sell a good lens

thanks

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:52

Spacus
Pentaxophile wrote:
If I were you I'd be considering which of the 70-300's to put on ebay along with the spare 18-55, and probably also the 28-80. That should help offset the cost of these endless purchases.

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:48

Spacus
how do you get rid on the harsh shadows, do you use the inbuilt diffuser? please where can I see your recent photos

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:29

Spacus
johnriley wrote:
The only time I would dream of using studio flash for a wedding is if the weather was atrocious and I needed to do a lot of indoor formal portraits. Even then I would prefer a location background rather than a plain white one. See the picture I've just posted in the Gallery as an example of location use.

A portable flash (I use the Pentax 360)is essential for fill-in flash outdoors in very sunny weather. This minimises harsh shadows and is a technique that should be learned.

I do actually carry an Interfit EXD200 set with me to weddings, but only for emergency use and I've never used it yet. There isn't time really.

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:28

Spacus
That means I can keep one of my 18-55's and please what setting give you the best exposure in manual mode and program

knd regards

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:12

Spacus
johnriley wrote:
You only need the 18-55mm and 50mm lenses to do the job, and you'll get by with those.

Starting from scratch I'd be tempted to get the SMC Pentax-DA 17-70mm f4 and in fact I'm currently considering that to replace and extend the range of the 16-45mm that I now use.

Very occasionally another lens might be nice, and on Saturday I actually used the 12-24mm for a series of shots, but if I hadn't had that I would have worked around it.
johnriley wrote:
You only need the 18-55mm and 50mm lenses to do the job, and you'll get by with those.

Starting from scratch I'd be tempted to get the SMC Pentax-DA 17-70mm f4 and in fact I'm currently considering that to replace and extend the range of the 16-45mm that I now use.

Very occasionally another lens might be nice, and on Saturday I actually used the 12-24mm for a series of shots, but if I hadn't had that I would have worked around it.

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:10

Spacus
That's really true i was thinkin of buying another AF360FGZ, to use as a fill falsh I was Bert Stafanie on you tude his techique are amazing. you are right. Am finding the K100d super taking better photos no matter which lens i put on it. what is the best settings i should have my k10d on in manual mode for portrait f.8 1/200? or TV av or P

thanks.

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 11:00

Spacus
StephenLewis wrote:
Hi Spacus and welcome to the group. If I may be so humble, I would suggest not running around and buying up tons of gear (kit). Become used to what you presently have and learn to work within it/their limitations. Yes its wonderful to have strobes, stands, umbrellas, soft boxes, etc. if you have money to burn. But struggle along and add equipment as proficiency increases. I hate to say it, but we learn most from mistakes and adversity. I would suggest one (1) more flash to bounce or use as fill against your muslin. Go to You Tube and watch some videos on lighting techniques. Practice, practice, practice, that's the joy of digital - no film/processing cost.

Regards and good luck,

Stephen

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 10:50

Spacus
You have been really helpful, please could you also recommend an all in one lens for me. Ideally I would like to keep the sigma APO 70-300mm , 50-200 and 18-55mm is they are any good. and also the 50mm 1.4 manual

Best regards

Also I willing to buy a second hand one so if any of you guys come accross any good one please give me a shout you have really helped me.

Comment by Spacus posted on Wedding Photography lens at 20/04/2010 - 10:47

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo