smegg

Joined: 27th June 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

smegg
Cheers - sounds like I need to save up some cash and get myself a bundle. Anyone know the going asking price for a KM and the kit lenses - not huge I guess but all helps!

Comment by smegg posted on Time for upgrade body? at 25/09/2013 - 22:31

smegg
Hello

I currently use a Km, sparsely, as its not my main hobby. However since having the 35mm plastic fantastic lens I now always seem to find the standard kit dal lens a little disappointing in all but the 50-100mm range of the 50-200.
So been thinking of the 18-135mm alongside my 35mm as my main carry about lenses.

Is it time to think about upgrading to the weatherproofing k30 or k50 if I was to go for this lens?

Things I would not want to lose about the KM is the simple light handling & use of AA's (would never go for anything else).

I have always used spot focusing as without an indicator in the prism its just not worth using anything else. Would be nice to have selectable points. The biggest negative is the ISO use of the CCD. Even with the f2.4 its still not usable for indoor shots without the nasty flash. Anything above iso400 is unusable IMHO. I hear the CMOS newer versions are much much better?

Any thoughts? The k500 does not seem worth the little less in cash considering the loss of selectable focus points and non-weatherproofing.

Comment by smegg posted on Time for upgrade body? at 25/09/2013 - 17:57

smegg
Hello

Hope this is the right place to ask? Already have a bigger bag for my camera and a lens or two. But now I have the compact 35mm 2.4 plastic fantastic for most of my indoor and overcase days this is all I bother with.

So I am looking for a little bit of protection for the camera when I don't have a lot of space or I want to travel very light.

Can anyone recommend a neoprene case that would fit the Km with a very compact lens. I would imagine its not far off the size of a bridge camera.

Pentax do one: http://www.warehouseexpress.com/buy-pentax-nc-x1-neoprene-case/p1032276

Any others?

Comment by smegg posted on Neoprene tight case for Km & 35mm 2.4 at 07/12/2011 - 19:10

smegg
Now what's the chances of pentax making a 70mm like this at a bargain price!?!

Comment by smegg posted on The cheap 2.4 35mm... or spend elsewhere? at 02/12/2011 - 13:34

smegg
Got a step up ring + rubber hood of another lens so think this will be enough outside. Will look for a better hood at somepoint. My old cheap filter will keep the little ones sticky fingers away!

I am yet to be blown away by the lens compared to the kit, but I am getting usable shots in low light conditons where the kit might be struggling.

Any hints with this lens? Sharp wide open? Certainly need to be spot on with the focus @2.4

Comment by smegg posted on The cheap 2.4 35mm... or spend elsewhere? at 01/12/2011 - 20:16

smegg
Just clicked that shopping button...

Thanks for all the advice, I know its the right purchase. Can't wait to force myself to leave the zooms at home

Now should I use a Protective/uv filter. Don't bother on the dirt cheap zooms.

Comment by smegg posted on The cheap 2.4 35mm... or spend elsewhere? at 17/11/2011 - 19:18

smegg
Cheers for the info, quite keen hearing experiences. Still would be good to hear if anyone has used some of the newer canon powershots.

That weird reflection is not great, and not so sure on a lot of the inside images. Like the portraits a lot though.

Comment by smegg posted on The cheap 2.4 35mm... or spend elsewhere? at 16/11/2011 - 18:31

smegg
Hello

Have a little bit of cash to play with and been planning to get another prime after selling the old 50mm.

The new pentax 35mm sounds good with the added bonus of auto focus over the old lenses I have owned. Least means the other half will use it for indoor shots of the little one. Am I really gonna notice a quality jump from the standard zoom kit lenses? This will be on my Km.

My other thought is getting Canon a3300 compact for using in the water & hd vid (which we do not have). Really wondering whether I will just be disappointed with a compact results. Goprp would be better but pricy!

Comment by smegg posted on The cheap 2.4 35mm... or spend elsewhere? at 15/11/2011 - 19:26

smegg
Bump - ebay soon maybe

Comment by smegg posted on 50mm SMC A 1.7 + 28mm Miranda 2.8 at 12/09/2011 - 01:23

smegg
And now has strangely fixed? Have been changing rechargeables recently.

Comment by smegg posted on KM Resetting time at 12/09/2011 - 01:19

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo