smc

Joined: 19th February 2006

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

smc
Good luck with the retirement.

I noted above the comment on renewed interest in Pentax equipment and DSLRs. It is encouraging that ebay prices have improved, not because of any financial gain, but that photographers recognise the brand's excellent quality - hopefully it bodes well for the future of Pentax.

Comment by smc posted on ASAHI PENTAX SMC 50mm F1:1.2 at 20/02/2006 - 11:51

smc
Thank you. I do have to reduce my number of lenses. Having just acquired an ist DS, I will keep a few of the better ones, especially wide angles, and let go anything else that does not get used. I was happy with an M50/1.7 and M135/3.5 for a very long time - they were my first lenses with an MX. ebay is very bad for easy acqusitions, just for the sake of buying.

I think the KA mount for Adaptall lenses might be useful for some of their better primes also.

I hope you enjoy the lenses. Having said all of the above, if you don't want the 35-70, just send it back

Comment by smc posted on ASAHI PENTAX SMC 50mm F1:1.2 at 20/02/2006 - 10:43

smc
The seller was me. Both lenses are perfect as far as I can see.

The 50mm is the K/M version. I bought it for a lot less than it sold for, but it gets very little use - it dwarfs the MX and ME Super. FWIW Ffordes have one for £159 in E+ condition and they are usually conservative in their grading.

The 35-70 is also excellent but again bought for a lot less than it sold, and it also gets little use. I hope both lenses are used and enjoyed.

Comment by smc posted on ASAHI PENTAX SMC 50mm F1:1.2 at 20/02/2006 - 09:15

smc
Hi I'm new here, though I recognise some faces from other places (RFF anyone?).

There is a reassuring but cryptic article in a recent AP about Pentax's plans. Seems there is lot in the pipeline. It should be a good year for Pentax.

Comment by smc posted on Konica Minolta and the future of Pentax at 19/02/2006 - 09:56

smc
If you are going to the US soon, the DL body is $459 (about £270)at B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&...

Comment by smc posted on more news at 08/03/2006 - 20:06

smc
I have gravitated back to SLRs/digital from rangefinders, which have taught me to travel light (and use available light as much as possible).

My kits are now:

Film: MX body, Pentax SMC-M lenses 28/2.0, 35/2.8 and 50/1.7, 1.5x DOI converter.

Digital: 24/2.8AF Sigma, 50/1.7F Pentax, Kenko 1.5x AF converter.

I tend to shoot indoors, environmental portraits, and close, so longer lenses tend not to be a requirement, though I do have the usual range of zooms from 18mm to 300mm.

Comment by smc posted on The Bare Bones at 03/07/2006 - 09:33

smc
You can use a hotshoe mounted viewfinder, originally intended for rangefinders with interchangeable lenses. They are £5-£10 on ebay and have 35/85/135 framelines, which should be ok for estimating framing.

Comment by smc posted on Digital Infra-Red at 20/04/2006 - 14:16

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo