Slovak

Joined: 4th April 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Slovak
Have you had any luck selling these?

Comment by Slovak posted on Selling: Pentax K30 + 18-135mm Lens at 04/04/2018 - 23:20

Slovak
You won't regret having more than enough spare (and charged) batteries for both the flash and the camera, and SD cards, too. Make sure to have them on you when the most important moments happen, not somewhere in the bag.

If you're not experienced with shooting portraits and couples, "practise" would be a good advice, but if you can't practice enough, try to shoot an engagement session with the couple sometimes before the wedding, if it's possible. Watch a couple of Jerry Ghionis lessons on the web beforehand (but it's easy to get overwhelmed with the info).

Don't point the flash directly at the people, unless you really have to. Use bounced flash as much as possible, bounce it off a white surface preferably. Camera in whatever mode you're comfortable shooting in, flash in P-TTL, 'cause manual flash can be too tough in a quickly-changing environment of the wedding.

Comment by Slovak posted on Wedding Advice at 02/05/2015 - 22:41

Slovak
The lens now received
It arrived really extremely quickly, and very well packed. Thanks again, Alberto!

Comment by Slovak posted on FS: Pentax FA 50mm f1.7 at 20/04/2015 - 23:19

Slovak
Hi Alberto,
if this lens is still available, it looks like you have a buyer. Please PM me about the details.

Juraj,
Slovakia

Comment by Slovak posted on FS: Pentax FA 50mm f1.7 at 14/04/2015 - 19:54

Slovak
Aah, shame this is a UK sale only. I'd very much like to try the FA50 f1.7 out, it's supposed to be superior to the f1.4 version in terms of IQ.
Well, if there's any chance you'd consider shipping it outside the UK (to Slovakia), please let me know. I'd understand if you wanted to send it with tracking, to be on the safe side, and am willing to pay for it.
I've bought and sold lenses on this forum in the past, without problems.

Comment by Slovak posted on FS FA50 f1.7, SMC F70-210 f4-5.6, Set of PKA Tubes , Teleplus PK x2 1:1 Macro Variable Converter at 14/04/2015 - 19:30

Slovak
Fletcher8 wrote:
Slovak, I would post out to the EU.
Bummer, that doesn't help with the temptation No, I'm really glad you are willing to post outside the UK, I wish that was always the case. Thank you for your quick reply.
Well, I guess I'm going to have to be reasonable here. First, calculate how much tax I have to pay for the last year, then see if I can get a 50mm macro lens, and then, if the Sigma is still available... But I know they don't show up often!
Man, this is hard
Anyway, not now, not now.

But while we're at it, how is the focusing of this lens? (and on what body did you use it?) Is it accurate? Any issues?

Comment by Slovak posted on FS Pentax DA* FA* & Sigma fast Lenses & Flu Card at 27/02/2015 - 12:19

Slovak
That Sigma is so tempting. Just to get rid of the temptation, is this a UK only sale, or would you also post within the EU?

Comment by Slovak posted on FS Pentax DA* FA* & Sigma fast Lenses & Flu Card at 27/02/2015 - 11:45

Slovak
Hmm. Shame it's a UK only sale. A 50mm FF-capable macro is exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.

Comment by Slovak posted on FS: SMC Pentax FA 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens. at 27/02/2015 - 11:40

Slovak
Well, it's been officially anounced now. I can't frickin' believe it, after all these years of waiting!!! Finally, Pentax! Let's hope it'll be as good as the hopes are high.

Comment by Slovak posted on New Pentax FF ..image released on PhotoRumors? at 05/02/2015 - 04:47

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo