Shabach

Joined: 6th June 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Shabach
Hi Mike, is this lens still available? I recently did some gymnastics photography and really need to upgrade to a longer faster lens. I would appreciate more info on lens histroy and if there is any outstanding warranty - I believe sigma do 3 years.

thanks,

Andy Martin

Comment by Shabach posted on FS: Sigma DG EX 70-200mm f2.8 OS at 12/08/2013 - 17:05

Shabach
I have a three x 600w studio set up which was in a different room for doing individual and small groups shots. This was in the main gym hall and done on the run before the older kids competition started.

Maybe I need to discuss in advance and bring my main lights in for groups this size or as John suggest go tripod/ ambient light. K7 isn't great above 800ISO, would prefer 640 and I don't think I would have got away with that in the available light. Conundrums!

Thanks for the comments guys. I won't jump too quickly to upgrade my single hot shoe flash anyway.

Comment by Shabach posted on Flash for large group shots at 27/06/2013 - 14:38

Shabach
Thanks Steven,

didn't make myself clear - this took place last weekend so the big group caught me on the hop! I'm now planning for the next competition day in September. Lighting was fluorescent but I use raw so I've tweaked the colour output. Here's what I came up with.

I'm weighing up what upgrade to go for with in terms of more power but also I'm not familiar with the different flash modes and what advantages these might bring. Or not? You can see the result is reasonable but lighting's not even.
Comment Image

Comment by Shabach posted on Flash for large group shots at 27/06/2013 - 11:39

Shabach
Hi,

I was invited to photograph a gymnastics club award ceremony last weekend. What I didn't anticipate was the group shot of 83 children! I am using a K7 with Metz 36 AF -4. Time for a flash upgrade.

What flash would users recommend for large groups like this. And any pointers on settings would be appreciated also.

thanks,

Andy

Comment by Shabach posted on Flash for large group shots at 27/06/2013 - 10:14

Shabach
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm gobsmacked that Pentax are still bringing out new models where this issue hasn't been addressed.

However I have to go forward with the gear I've invested in so, having spoken to the guys at SRS Microsystems,(One of UK's main Pentax dealers), I've order 'Seculine' Wireless/IR trigger system. Not cheap at £120 but I need something reliable and robust.

Do Pentax User/ Forums have any clout with feedback to Pentax because this does need sorting out?!

Andy Martin

Comment by Shabach posted on Problem firing Interfit studio flash from K7 sync socket at 31/03/2012 - 22:37

Shabach
Hi,

I have just invested in 600w/s Interfit Stellar studio flash units. The slightly older pre-digital version.

When I connect the K7 using sync cord it only fires once. I have to disconnect/reconnect cord from camera or flash unit to get another single flash! Cannot see any settings in the menus - need to update firmware but a quick look at the update doesn't make any mention of flash sync. Triggers no problem using K7 on board flash but don't want to affect lighting/exposure set up.

I am intending buying wireless trigger but don't want to invest until I know what's going on.

Any pointers gratefully received. What wireless triggers are other using with K7?

Thanks

Andy Martin

Comment by Shabach posted on Problem firing Interfit studio flash from K7 sync socket at 28/03/2012 - 11:48

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo