redstar

Joined: 19th January 2012

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

redstar
Thanks gtis.

Going by Mat's earlier posted links. I checked out the Jacobs store and found what I needed. Higher price than that quoted by SRS, but that's only because I would have to pay full price on the 18-135, and not the white box price of SRS.

Still debating now if I should just get body only with Jacobs, lens with SRS. Or let my wife just get both Items from Jacobs in London and have done with it.

Jeeez!

Don't think I had this much trouble buying the last car

Comment by redstar posted on K-5 Where to buy at 16/03/2012 - 18:54

redstar
Thanks again Mat.

Think the best bet here would be to keep it to the area's you mentioned. Should imagine she'll be heading in that general direction anyway for the 'fashionable' stores.

The Jessops home page showing ''All Pentax'' is a a bit of a rarity.

Here in Jersey, Jessops is more of a non entity regarding Pentax.

piotro


I got a decent quote from SRS. K-5 with 18-135mm worked out at £1049 with delivery at £22.99 RMS for Jersey.

Now here's the thing: Because I'm a Jersey resident, I can claim back VAT on certain goods. In a lot of cases this can be resolved on-line, Amazon for instance.

SRS cannot do this without an actual visit to their shop, and filling out the relevant forms I'm told. Something to do with the computers at SRS not allowing this to happen.

However, not every shop will waive the VAT for you. In most cases it's just a question of asking first.


Best regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on K-5 Where to buy at 16/03/2012 - 09:46

redstar
Cheers Mat and cmik.

Some good info there.

I quickly looked up Microglobe, no K-5's but some nice lenses in.

Got to be worth a visit.

Don't want to confuse her too much though, so if I can nail it down to a few shops in a given area she should be okay

Would I be right in thinking this is probably the more likelier area to get what I need.


Regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on K-5 Where to buy at 15/03/2012 - 23:43

redstar
Thanks Barrie.

I got in touch earlier on today with SRS. Problem is there based in Watford, no way my lady could get there and back in time.

Pity they don't have a place more central really.


Regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on K-5 Where to buy at 15/03/2012 - 23:07

redstar
Okay the plan was to get the K-5 via on-line shopping.

Amazon it now seems won't deliver the K-5 to Jersey, not had this problem before with anything else.

No biggie.

My wife will be in London in a few weeks time. She'll have a couple of hours to kill and get a little shopping before the flight home.

On the premise she can find the right camera shop.

I'm hoping she can pick up a K-5, along with a 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL
(IF) DC WR Lens.


So any idea's/pointers to the best place for Pentax gear much appreciated.


Best regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on K-5 Where to buy at 15/03/2012 - 22:24

redstar
How do Mike.. enjoy!

Comment by redstar posted on Newcomer to K-5 and photography at 14/03/2012 - 21:37

redstar
Welcome Hishammarmin

Enjoy yourself

Comment by redstar posted on Newbies from Malaysia at 13/03/2012 - 18:46

redstar
Can't seem to get the links to work for me

Regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on National Geographic DVD's at 13/03/2012 - 17:59

redstar
Markings and colours are superb.

Thanks for posting.

Regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on Butterflies taken today at 11/03/2012 - 20:58

redstar
Terrific images.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards
D

Comment by redstar posted on photos of space planets etc at 11/03/2012 - 20:32

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo