PhilCarter

Joined: 7th November 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

PhilCarter
Can anyone explain how I can upload pics to the thread please.

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Z-1, SF7 bodies and bits FS at 21/02/2012 - 16:03

PhilCarter
Cuchulainn wrote:
Hi Phil, would you take £20 for the Z1?
PM sent.

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Z-1, SF7 bodies and bits FS at 20/02/2012 - 09:05

PhilCarter
Sorry, can't work out how to add images

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Z-1, SF7 bodies and bits FS at 17/02/2012 - 12:51

PhilCarter
beakynet wrote:
What P filters do you have? I have the holder and might be interested is adding to my small set of filters.
Could only find three at the moment, P026 Warm, P083 Diffuser 1 and P103 Close Up.

Anybody got any ideas of fair prices (fair to both buyer and seller) for these items as I'm pretty clueless.

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Z-1, SF7 bodies and bits FS at 17/02/2012 - 12:46

PhilCarter
Been sorting through some old gear to sell. Before sticking it on Ebay, I thought I'd ask for some rough estimates of value and open it up to offers on here. I have ;
Z1 body,good condition
SF7 body, small crack on display panel and a bit of corrosion on lens mount,
Sigma 70-300mm APO macro(this has a large crack on the front of the lens which, strangely enough, doesn't seem to affect the image quality. The AF however, only now works on the Z1 and not the SF7).
Vivitar 100mm Macro (mf)with 1:1 adapter. Exc. condition
Cable switch F
A few Cokin P filters and holder.
I've also put a 1.7x Af adapter on Ebay as I've seen them on there for silly money. Not really bothered about getting rid of it actually but I do like a bit of silly money! I've put a starting price of £200 but again, I'm open to offers.
Cheers

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Z-1, SF7 bodies and bits FS at 16/02/2012 - 15:30

PhilCarter
Just wondering if it's possible to use CIF remotely without a cable release, ie. any other way to lock the shutter? If not, what's the best cable/remote for the K-5?

Cheers

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Catch in focus- wow! at 11/02/2012 - 11:07

PhilCarter
Just seen a Pentax 1.7x AF Adapter on EBay for £346 Is this for real? If so, does anybody want to buy mine?

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Pentax 1.7x AF Adapter at 08/02/2012 - 09:38

PhilCarter
NeilP wrote:
I got a DA*300mm a few months ago and bought a pentax 1.7x convertor a few weeks later. Recently Ive been leaving behind my sigma 150-500mm and just using the above, adding the teleconvertor when the subject is too far away and the light is good enough. That said ona recent trip to Norfolk the light was poor but I managed these with the tele on, both are cropped

Comment Image

goldfinch by Neil Phillips, on Flickr

Comment Image

Female gadwall 2 by Neil Phillips, on
The images are sometimes noticably softer when you crop heavily with the tele on but sometimes not. I find the autofocus can lock slightly off when the tele is on.
Love that Goldfinch shot. Pretty sure your Gadwall is a Pintail though.

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Long Lenses - again! Sigma 300mm v DA*300mm at 21/01/2012 - 08:47

PhilCarter
pianoman wrote:
Posted off I found another photo editing complete with full instructions and disc etc this one is for windowa XP etc so have inculuded it in your parcel and with luck you will be up and running soon
Thanks again David, too kind.

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Just joined and need advice.....loads of it!!! at 20/01/2012 - 20:21

PhilCarter
Hi Redstar and welcome, I've just joined myself and it's been great so far, some really helpful folk on here.

Phil

Comment by PhilCarter posted on Hi all at 19/01/2012 - 22:32

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo