Patsi

Joined: 14th June 2009

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Patsi
I bought my Optio A40 on 10.03.2009...I used it twice and 2 months later, walking around a public garden taking photographs, the screen went...It looked like something had burned out at its centre with radiating marks..behind all this...if I really looked..were very faint crack lines...I DIDN'T DROP IT...BANG IT OR IMPACT IT IN ANY WAY!..I took it back to the store and was told it was impact damage (despite what I've just said) and it would have to be sent back to Pentax...That was 18th May...I received a telephone call today to say that if I want to have it repaired it will cost me £95!!...Oh!..and whether or not I choose to have it repaired..it will cost me £6.90 to have it returned!!...I chose this camera because I liked the look of it..I liked the size of the screen..and for a novice like me it was perfect..great pictures...great video footage..sound could be better but hey!..I'm no professional...I didn't expect 2 months usage for the money I spent....I've done some research on the net this afternoon and it appears that other people have had and are having the same sort of problems with this model...Which makes me very very angry...Angry that an attempt is being made to charge me for what seems to be a fault within the camera...My last digi camera lasted me for 7 years...It was not a Pentax camera...I could contact Pentax and try to get it repaired free of charge as others have done...However...having bought it off my credit card I can claim the money back from them...who will claim it from the store I bought it from...who no doubt will have to try to claim it back from Pentax...I won't be buying another Pentax camera....

Comment by Patsi posted on Optio A40 at 14/06/2009 - 13:51

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo