Opethian

Joined: 1st February 2011

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Opethian
Mike-P wrote:
Opethian wrote:

How about two full frame models? A 6D competitor, and one against the former? Although I'm not sure if Ricoh has the war funds to do that.
It took 14 years to get one full frame camera and now you want two?
Hey, we can dream, right?

Comment by Opethian posted on New Pentax FF ..image released on PhotoRumors? at 05/02/2015 - 20:54

Opethian
Mike-P wrote:
Opethian wrote:

* Sub 1k price (smash the competition!)
Not a chance in hell, especially with the specifications you want.

I'm thinking around 2k minimum.
Actually, with the current prices of the 5D Mark III, I'm realistically expecting they won't price it below £3k.

How about two full frame models? A 6D competitor, and one against the former? Although I'm not sure if Ricoh has the war funds to do that.

Comment by Opethian posted on New Pentax FF ..image released on PhotoRumors? at 05/02/2015 - 20:13

Opethian
It's been a while since I posted, but I want to say Yay!

I've been on the fence regarding FF (leaning towards Canon) but now I have a reason to stay.

Here's my wishlist:

* Weather Sealing
* 4K Video
* Stereo Audio recording
* Mic socket
* Sub 1k price (smash the competition!)
* GPS
* WiFi
* Smartphone App for remote control
* That new Sony Image Stabilization system, or something better

That's just off the top of my head.

One thing's for sure, prices of old lenses will rise... a bit.

Comment by Opethian posted on New Pentax FF ..image released on PhotoRumors? at 05/02/2015 - 19:40

Opethian
Photos, especially of this "fungal infection" would be most appreciated.

Comment by Opethian posted on For Sale Sigma 70 -200 f2.8 at 08/12/2014 - 10:55

Opethian
Just saw this - http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/12/02/clean-your-slr-asap-with-this-cool-fan-tha...

My immediate thought was that it just might be available in K mount considering it's a Japanese product.

Comment by Opethian posted on Check out this "dust blower" at 02/12/2014 - 22:19

Opethian
Many thanks for the Pentax TC 2x. Now I just need to familiarise myself with how it works and all. Tested with my Tamron 90mm 2.8 Macro and so far liking the results!

Comment by Opethian posted on FS: SMC-A 24mm, DA*16-50, F 35-70, Teleconverters, 540FGZ Flash at 11/11/2014 - 21:26

Opethian
Loving the new site design. So modern, I can almost smell it!

Comment by Opethian posted on New Pentax User Redesign Screenshots at 05/11/2014 - 23:13

Opethian
What about these things?

EU Standard 2 Year Legal Guarantee - http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/shopping/shopping-abroad/guarantees/index_e...

The Sale of Goods Act - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8253915.stm

Even Apple is respecting the Sale of Goods Act:

Quote:
Consumers have the right to choose whether to claim service under the Apple One-Year Limited Warranty or under their consumer law rights.
From - https://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/products/ipad-english-uk.html

Well, I hope this helps!

Comment by Opethian posted on The dreaded K30 aperture motor failure strikes again at 29/10/2014 - 23:21

Opethian
Item received. Very happy with the purchase. Many thanks for the deal.

Comment by Opethian posted on revised sale list at 11/10/2014 - 12:24

Opethian
PM sent for Item 12 / Samyang.

Comment by Opethian posted on revised sale list at 09/10/2014 - 14:10

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo