PLUS

markm

Joined: 27th November 2019

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

markm
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by markm posted on Forest Hide Linford at 10/10/2026 - 16:22

markm
Got too many "r" Moved to the Otter hide later & a Kingfisher sat on a post right in front of the hide & I, of course, missed it

Comment by markm posted on Forrest Hide Linford at 09/09/2026 - 16:07

markm
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by markm posted on Forrest Hide Linford at 09/09/2026 - 13:38

markm
Attempt to get more movement in the wings. Conditions are a bit gloomy & not many are about. Cut the shutter to 1/750
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

For myself, I think I prefer the first batch

Comment by markm posted on More from Linford at 15/08/2026 - 16:35

markm
Thanks for all the comments. I returned to Linford Yesterday to try & get some more images; only one dragonfly was left; the rest had cleared off.
On the first visit, there must have been a dozen or so flying about over the reed bed just outside of the Bird hide.

Comment by markm posted on Dragonfly at Linford at 12/08/2026 - 11:00

markm
smc wrote:
The first three are my favorites. Excellent photos.

Out of interest, what was your kit?
Pentax KP 150-450, mini tripod & Gimbal, shooting from a hide.

Comment by markm posted on Dragonfly at Linford at 09/08/2026 - 14:34

markm
I would hope to get back soon & will try a slower shutter. But today I wanted to get some images of them.

Comment by markm posted on Dragonfly at Linford at 08/08/2026 - 16:54

markm
Time at Linford Lakes looking for Dragonflies. Very happy with the images. Migrant Hawker dragonfly
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by markm posted on Dragonfly at Linford at 08/08/2026 - 13:34

markm
I was very happy with today's results. Handheld with the 150 to 450 lens, I use TV & let the ISO sort itself out within reason.

Comment by markm posted on Furzton Lake at 01/06/2026 - 20:09

markm
Quick run to Furzton Lake today, hoping to get some images of Greab chicks. Not to be, I am afraid, too late.
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment by markm posted on Furzton Lake at 01/06/2026 - 12:50

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo