karma mechanic

Joined: 25th September 2007

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

karma mechanic
In no. 2 what Adjust settings did you use? The adaptive exposure on the wall has made it a bit too light for me - the same image with some curves adjustment to make it a bit darker overall might be worth a try. Then you'd get the extra punch and colour contrast but with the rays on a darker background. Then try a mono version of that

Comment by karma mechanic posted on Too HDR or not? at 29/09/2011 - 10:16

karma mechanic
Personally I'd find the 15mm a bit too long, but then it depends on the style of shot required.

When I'm using the Sigma 10-20mm I can't recall ever using a length other than 10mm, if there was a good 10mm prime I'd simply get that. The distortion is easily corrected in Bibble or Lightroom, but most times I don't actually bother. In practice I use the 10-20 as a 10mm fixed lens.

Using the Tamron 17-50 it seems to stay stuck on 17, which is usefully wider than the kit 18-55, but I still find that for the type of pictures I'm aiming for the field of view at 17 isn't wide enough.

I'd certainly like to see what the 15mm is like in IR - different lenses can give results completely different from their visible light characteristics. In particular they can be plagued by IR flare that is completely absent in normal shots.

Comment by karma mechanic posted on A landscape prime at 25/09/2011 - 10:53

karma mechanic
johnriley wrote:
Thinking of No.1, whatever you do, don't blink......
I was puzzled about that reference, and the darkskies reference to Doctor Who. I looked it up and I understand now. Creepy - this one is definitely weeping, you can see the dark patches in IR.

Comment by karma mechanic posted on Two for milamber's daughter's boyfriend's mum at 23/09/2011 - 19:01

karma mechanic
aliengrove wrote:

Bit confused by the title of the thread though....
From the thread about the motorway memorial stone:
milamber wrote:
My daughter's boyfriend's mum is a Goth and a photographer. She's blown away by the graveyard photos you posted before.

Comment by karma mechanic posted on Two for milamber's daughter's boyfriend's mum at 23/09/2011 - 16:37

karma mechanic
Just testing...

Comment by karma mechanic posted on This land was ravaged by... IR version at 23/09/2011 - 16:03

karma mechanic
tyronet2000 wrote:

Would a filter be ok on a *ist DL2
Regards
The DS, DL and DL2 are your best bet for using an R72 in sunshine hand-held. See this competition entry from before I converted the GX1L (DL2 equivalent). A tripod would be handy but not essential, although seeing through even the R72 filter is very difficult so you can compose on a tripod and then attach the filter.

Comment by karma mechanic posted on This land was ravaged by... IR version at 23/09/2011 - 15:52

karma mechanic
The first one was tricky - I had to hold the camera as high as I could and take a few until I got one that looked right. I really really need an articulating Live View screen

Comment by karma mechanic posted on Two for milamber's daughter's boyfriend's mum at 23/09/2011 - 15:21

karma mechanic
Pentaxophile wrote:
Great image. Does that stone commemorate the highway's engineers who planned the motorway? It's slightly Ian Hamilton Finlay-esque.
Only if they were in the Thatcher cabinet

Comment by karma mechanic posted on This land was ravaged by... IR version at 23/09/2011 - 14:44

karma mechanic
Keep finding them...


Comment Image

Comment by karma mechanic posted on Two for milamber's daughter's boyfriend's mum at 23/09/2011 - 14:42

karma mechanic
A couple more graveyard ones.

Comment Image


Comment Image

Comment by karma mechanic posted on Two for milamber's daughter's boyfriend's mum at 23/09/2011 - 13:43

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo