hoopsontoast

Joined: 10th June 2013

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

hoopsontoast
Now I am actually exporting them as 100% quality Jpegs, and applied default sharpening I am really impressed with the overall quality and sharpness of the FA43.
I quite like the look of the grain on the B&W shots, like the Self Portrait above, that's RAW into LR with B&W conversion and some Exposure compensation and little added 'Presence'/Contrast. No added PP.

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on First Outing with the FA43 at 18/06/2013 - 09:49

hoopsontoast
Realised that my first set were exported from Lightroom at 60% Jpeg Quality, another Doh moment!

Really happy with the sharpness now (the missing photo above):

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

and 100% crops:

Comment Image

Crop 1 by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Crop 2 by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Some more:

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Volvo by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Volvo by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

I find the grain actually very attractive in B&W, this is not a LR effect, just boosted exposure.

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on First Outing with the FA43 at 18/06/2013 - 08:51

hoopsontoast
Oops my bad! Doh!

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on First Outing with the FA43 at 15/06/2013 - 22:10

hoopsontoast
Some more green....

Comment Image

Palm Plant by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Palm Plant by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Palm Plant by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on First Outing with the FA43 at 15/06/2013 - 19:13

hoopsontoast
Been out today for a quick walk with my new toys.

The K-7/FA43 combo as shot by my other camera, the Sigma DP1x:
Comment Image

Pentax K-7 / FA 43mm f1.9 Limited by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

And the Sigma taken with the Pentax
Comment Image

Sigma DP1x by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

And out and about:

Comment Image

Telegraph Pole by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Untitled by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Focus by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Comment Image

Up above by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Then rain stopped play!

Its weird getting used to the ~65mm FOV rather than the 28mm in the Sigma.

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on First Outing with the FA43 at 15/06/2013 - 15:04

hoopsontoast
Thanks again. Is the Pnetax software sufficient or best to invest in something like Lightroom 4 for the RAW conversion?
Previously I have only used the Sigma Photo Pro at home, or Photoshop CS6 for RAW conversion at work.

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on New to Pentax - K-7 & FA43 at 13/06/2013 - 13:38

hoopsontoast
Cool cheers, I am used to ISO400 being the limit, and shooting RAW all the time so sounds like I should be OK.
Is it generally best to under-expose and bring back in PP? Thats what I tended to do with the Sigma, although highlight recovery was pretty good.

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on New to Pentax - K-7 & FA43 at 13/06/2013 - 11:43

hoopsontoast
Hi All,

I am a new member and just (today) bought a lightly used K-7 and a lightly used FA43 f1.9 Limited lens (from this very forum). Both should be with me at the weekend!

I currently have a Sigma DP1x as my only camera so used to prime shooting and certain 'quirks' when taking photos. Previous to that I have had a Konica Minolta 5D/Sigma 30mm f1.4.

Is there anything with this combo to look out for (settings/quirks) or shall I just jump in and go for it?


In the future, its looking like I will probably get a DA15 f4.0 Limited to cover the wide angle, which should do all my shooting types.

Cheers, Rob

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on New to Pentax - K-7 & FA43 at 12/06/2013 - 19:09

hoopsontoast
Cheers, Much appreciated!

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on FS: The FA Limiteds (FA31, FA43, FA77) at 12/06/2013 - 17:22

hoopsontoast
PM and Payment Sent Thanks for the message Phil

Comment by hoopsontoast posted on FS: The FA Limiteds (FA31, FA43, FA77) at 12/06/2013 - 17:02

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo