Edradour

Joined: 9th May 2010

All Forum Comments

Topics Created Topics Contributed Forum Comments Photo Comments

All Forum Comments

Edradour
robbie_d said

" It's nowhere near the issue you seem to think it is."

Well robbie, something that is not an issue to one user can quite obviously be an issue to another don't you agree ?

How do members use this remote to fire multiple exposures for hdr etc how about taking multiple shots for stitched panoramas, it is less than ideal to be dodging back and forth to use this remote ? I think no wired remote facility is a big omission for this camera (for any camera) Of course I am aware of MLU but it does not help in the instances I have quoted.

So I am left with only the option of purchasing this camera and then buying the remote to see how suitable it is. Not exactly ideal is it ?

Ed

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x wired remote at 11/05/2010 - 12:02

Edradour
Thanks for your replies.

Glover, that info may be a deal saver. I appreciate with cameras as this price point that something has to be sacrificed. I like to shoot landscapes during the 'golden hours' so a tripod and some sort of remote release is essential.

Ed

P.S Just read all the replies in that linked thread and see the K-x can only be triggered from the front ? Oh dear ! I would so have liked to join the Pentax owners club but I am now veering towards the Nikon D5000.

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x wired remote at 11/05/2010 - 08:52

Edradour
Does the K-x have a wired remote socket ?

Thanks

Ed

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x wired remote at 10/05/2010 - 20:46

Edradour
Thanks again all, very helpful and informative. I am encouraged by my 1st contact with this forum, I know from experience a friendly helpful user forum can be a great asset to the camera of your choice.

Regards

Ed

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x Kit Lens question at 10/05/2010 - 07:17

Edradour
Thanks to you both for your informative replies. It seems pretty obvious that all the twin lens kits will comprise of the DA-L versions although most sellers do not state this, e.g from Amazon UK

" Pentax K-x Digital SLR Camera (Twin Lens Kit 18 - 55mm and 55-300mm)

Maybe I will just get the body and spend a little more on fully featured lens.

Ed

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x Kit Lens question at 09/05/2010 - 21:20

Edradour
Thanks womble for that quick reply.

" Lens hoods used to be optional extras! "

Really ! I have owned slr's from three different makes, luckily I have never come across this before. So are you saying the 55-300mm kit would be the same specification as if I purchased a stand-alone version, i.e metal mount and lens hood. ? I think I saw the 55-300mm lens hood on the Pentax store for £30.00 (gulp)

Ed

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x Kit Lens question at 09/05/2010 - 20:45

Edradour
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here. Hopefully about to purchase a K-x with the 18-55 and 55-300mm 'kit' lens. Did I read somewhere that both these lens are 'L' (limited) versions and among other cost saving omissions they are not supplied with lens hoods ? this seems to be 'penny pinching' of a high order.
Thanks in anticipation for any replies.

Ed

Comment by Edradour posted on K-x Kit Lens question at 09/05/2010 - 20:24

Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo