All Forum Comments
Comment by Billdad posted on K5 performance at 05/11/2013 - 21:36
Relatively new to the Pentax world and have currently a K5 Pentax 16-45 Sigma 70m Macro, Pentax 50m 1.7 and Tamron 135 2.8 manual.
The K5 appears on paper as a complete photographers camera this is what influenced me to depart from the Sony NEx system, however I am slightly disappointed with the results to date, any suggestions on default settings to try and restore my confidence
The K5 appears on paper as a complete photographers camera this is what influenced me to depart from the Sony NEx system, however I am slightly disappointed with the results to date, any suggestions on default settings to try and restore my confidence
Comment by Billdad posted on K5 performance at 05/11/2013 - 21:16


I'm not surprised. Despite all the praise for the camera, I always find images from mine to be very flat, two dimensional, lifeless and "digital". There's obviously lots of detail, excellent low light performance and a wonderfully wide dynamic range. And yet...
Afetr a couple of weeks abroad with the K5, I can't wait to get back home to my elderly K10 which, for me at least, produces images of a very different quality.
I'm sure the fault lies with me and the way I use and set up the camera, as others seem to do very well with it, as I am sure will you, when you get used to it.