Young Stag's and Hinds
Posted 30/10/2018 - 14:55
Link
Well that was worth the trip
Beautiful, muted tones - capturing the early morning mood - all 3 are superb but the last one just has the edge for me
Beautiful, muted tones - capturing the early morning mood - all 3 are superb but the last one just has the edge for me
LennyBloke
Posted 30/10/2018 - 17:41
Link
Majestic is the word that comes to mind whenever a stag crosses my path (which happens fairly often where I live). Image #3 is a cracker!
Posted 30/10/2018 - 21:17
Link
As LennyBloke said, lovely harmonious tones. So, a 100 mile trip to where exactly? Or is it a secret?
Posted 31/10/2018 - 07:10
Link
Morning Rob
It was Attingham Park on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.
It was Attingham Park on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 31/10/2018 - 10:07
Link
Chrism8 wrote:
Morning Rob
It was Attingham Park on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.
Have you tried Eastnor Chris - I don't the patterns of where/when the Deer are but it's a little closer to you I suspect
Morning Rob
It was Attingham Park on the outskirts of Shrewsbury.
LennyBloke
Posted 31/10/2018 - 10:38
Link
Chrism8 wrote:
Shot yesterday morning in glorious conditions, a decent frost, minus 4 on leaving home at 5am with a 100 mile drive
Now that's commitment Shot yesterday morning in glorious conditions, a decent frost, minus 4 on leaving home at 5am with a 100 mile drive
Number 2 for me, I would have said 3 but the little bit of shrubbery in front spoils it a little (I know it probably couldn't be helped though).
Posted 31/10/2018 - 11:48
Link
John - Yes, I have tried Eastnor, a fellow tog and I have had special access to the deer via some coded security gates for a few years now and the deer are extremely timid and ultra aware of humans, even thou we've covered up and worn camo, its extremely difficult to get within any decent shooting distance even with a 450mm lens on a crop body.
John - thanks for the comment, unfortunately the shrubbery in the foreground couldn't be avoided and as you can see, they are fully aware of my presence even thou I was 30m+ from them.
No one's gone for my fav, #1 I love the light and the dark BG !!
John - thanks for the comment, unfortunately the shrubbery in the foreground couldn't be avoided and as you can see, they are fully aware of my presence even thou I was 30m+ from them.
No one's gone for my fav, #1 I love the light and the dark BG !!
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 31/10/2018 - 12:24
Link
Chrism8 wrote:
John - Yes, I have tried Eastnor, a fellow tog and I have had special access to the deer via some coded security gates for a few years now and the deer are extremely timid and ultra aware of humans, even thou we've covered up and worn camo, its extremely difficult to get within any decent shooting distance even with a 450mm lens on a crop body.
John - thanks for the comment, unfortunately the shrubbery in the foreground couldn't be avoided and as you can see, they are fully aware of my presence even thou I was 30m+ from them.
No one's gone for my fav, #1 I love the light and the dark BG !!
Inclined to agree with you, the light on his antlers works well. I have a deer park just a mile away with a public footpath running through so access any time (and no bossy wardens at dawn telling you to stay on the path!) Funnily enough when the deer are around the house where visitors congregate they are much more tolerant of humans than in the wilder part.
John - Yes, I have tried Eastnor, a fellow tog and I have had special access to the deer via some coded security gates for a few years now and the deer are extremely timid and ultra aware of humans, even thou we've covered up and worn camo, its extremely difficult to get within any decent shooting distance even with a 450mm lens on a crop body.
John - thanks for the comment, unfortunately the shrubbery in the foreground couldn't be avoided and as you can see, they are fully aware of my presence even thou I was 30m+ from them.
No one's gone for my fav, #1 I love the light and the dark BG !!
Posted 31/10/2018 - 12:30
Link
Chrism8 wrote:
John - thanks for the comment, unfortunately the shrubbery in the foreground couldn't be avoided and as you can see, they are fully aware of my presence even thou I was 30m+ from them.
No one's gone for my fav, #1 I love the light and the dark BG !!
I always wanted to be a "John", suits me better than Mike imo John - thanks for the comment, unfortunately the shrubbery in the foreground couldn't be avoided and as you can see, they are fully aware of my presence even thou I was 30m+ from them.
No one's gone for my fav, #1 I love the light and the dark BG !!
As for the first one, yes the light is great and the stance of the stag is better than number 2 but I think it needs a shadow boost to bring out the facial features more. Just my opinion of course.
Posted 31/10/2018 - 12:38
Link
Thanks Mike, aka John, I'll have a look at your suggestion
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Posted 31/10/2018 - 12:43
Link
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2128 posts
16 years
St Austell,
Cornwall
All K3ii with Pentax 150 - 450 F4.5 / F5.6 @ 400 ISO and between 330mm and 450 mm.
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM