Yorkshire Abstracts

davidtrout

Link Posted 30/03/2019 - 11:30
From yesterday's trip to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park with three friends from Durham Photographic Society

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

HarisF1

Link Posted 30/03/2019 - 22:07
Interesting shots - number 4 for me, I always like a nice contrasty b/w

The last one sticks out a little though, not too keen on it.

derek897

Link Posted 30/03/2019 - 23:29
Number 4 for me too.
1st one also works well upside down.
Good shooting.
I know what i like, If not always why.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 30/03/2019 - 23:32
Excellent place for a day out - and you look to have made good use of it. Is that horrible rope fence still round the big Henry Moore? Took me ages to clone it out!
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 14:20
looks like it was a worthwhile day out!

Number two for me. It has a wonderful sensuous quality to it. Number three is a close second.

rickhanson

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 16:26
The top three are great, love the composition of them and the verdigris against the blue skies.

davidtrout

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 17:21
Thanks for the comments Haris, Derek, David, Gwyn and Rick.
Haris: The last one sticks out from the rest because its not strictly an abstract.
Gwyn: I too found some of the shapes quite sensuous.
Derek: I must try No.4 upside down, that's the joy of abstracts, you can play around with them.
David, I don't recall seeing a big sculpture by Henry Moore, with or without a rope fence, but the site is so huge I'm sure we just scraped the surface on Friday and its going to take another visit to discover more.
Rick, The verdigris and blue sky appealed to me too.
David
Last Edited by davidtrout on 31/03/2019 - 17:50

Sry

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 18:49
Really enjoying these, especially the first three. Interesting to see how leaving/not leaving space between the elements give very different results - both approaches work quite well. #4 goes in a whole other direction, perhaps showing more of the artwork in situ - I'm sure much time could be spent in that park!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 19:51
some nice crops of some interesting pieces - I particularly like the mono processed shot
LennyBloke

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 17:27
Great stuff David... I'm rather partial to the first three too, and number 2 in particular...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

davidtrout

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 19:43
Thanks Sry, Lenny and Bill. It was a great place to visit but the site is huge and I probably barely scratched the surface. Might have to go back again sometime.
David

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 21:46
I'm currently viewing the opening image so the blue comes in from the bottom left and I think it's fab
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 28-105mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 105mm - Pentax FA 35mm f2 - Tokina 20-35mm, Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr

My 500px

MrB

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 23:58
First three for me also, from which I would pick number 3 as top choice.

The last one grates a bit, possibly because it's not vertical; I think it might also work better for me with just the middle block.

Philip
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.