Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Reeds redux

Sry
Posted 28/03/2019 - 22:58 Link
Some more reed images, a counterweight of sorts to my previous posting of - I've gone for a darker, somewhat harder atmosphere this time around. I'll be printing these - it'll be fun seeing how they work with the first batch, not sure whether they should get mixed together or be presented as two sets... Oh, and on an anecdotal note, these little buggers are quite sensitive to air movement - give them a spring breeze and they get all worked up as if it were a gale!

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image
pschlute
Posted 29/03/2019 - 02:06 Link
I can see these looking very nice printed up large and hung as a collection.
Sry
Posted 30/03/2019 - 16:28 Link
Thank you, Peter. If someone asks me to sell them a large print, no problem. I generally print 20x30cm (with a wide margin) - I find it's a good cost/size ratio, at least for my personal enjoyment.
derek897
Posted 30/03/2019 - 23:33 Link
2, 3 and 5 for me, really like these 👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.
Sry
Posted 31/03/2019 - 18:56 Link
Thank you Derek. Lots of patience needed for these, and a bit of luck with the breeze!
LennyBloke
Posted 31/03/2019 - 19:56 Link
Missed these earlier - just my sort of thing, thin DOF, blurry backgrounds, almost abstract - agree with the comments about seeing these hung at exhibition size
LennyBloke
Sry
Posted 01/04/2019 - 13:55 Link
Thank you Lenny, some will certainly end up hanging on a wall (my own, I'd wager) .
Edited by Sry: 01/04/2019 - 13:56
Posted 01/04/2019 - 17:51 Link
Fascinating series Serge... abstract, but anchored in the real (natural) world... love the curves on these, and the precise, and very shallow, dof... also the echoes of shapes and forms in the bokeh... particularly like how you've chosen to pinpoint the beauty of very precise, tiny elements... the implication being (for me) that there is beauty everywhere, if you choose to notice it... no.2, with the repeating shapes and complementary concentric circles is an absolute belter...

Best
cardiffgareth
Posted 01/04/2019 - 21:46 Link
5 is just stunning
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
MrB
Posted 02/04/2019 - 00:02 Link
Number 1 for me, just for the beauty in its simplicity.

Philip
Sry
Posted 02/04/2019 - 22:46 Link
Thank you Bill for your insight and appreciation.
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
there is beauty everywhere, if you choose to notice it...

I suppose that is so - at the very least, there is definitely something to be felt everywhere, if one chooses to let those feelings flow. I'm inclined to believe that does equate more or less to some form of beauty.
cardiffgareth wrote:
5 is just stunning

MrB wrote:
Number 1 for me, just for the beauty in its simplicity.

Thanks, Gareth and Philip. It's always great to have different people preferring different images - makes you feel they're all decent!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.