Reeds redux

Sry

Link Posted 28/03/2019 - 22:58
Some more reed images, a counterweight of sorts to my previous posting of - I've gone for a darker, somewhat harder atmosphere this time around. I'll be printing these - it'll be fun seeing how they work with the first batch, not sure whether they should get mixed together or be presented as two sets... Oh, and on an anecdotal note, these little buggers are quite sensitive to air movement - give them a spring breeze and they get all worked up as if it were a gale!

pschlute

Link Posted 29/03/2019 - 02:06
I can see these looking very nice printed up large and hung as a collection.
Peter

My Flickr page

Sry

Link Posted 30/03/2019 - 16:28
Thank you, Peter. If someone asks me to sell them a large print, no problem. I generally print 20x30cm (with a wide margin) - I find it's a good cost/size ratio, at least for my personal enjoyment.

derek897

Link Posted 30/03/2019 - 23:33
2, 3 and 5 for me, really like these 👏👏👏
I know what i like, If not always why.

Sry

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 18:56
Thank you Derek. Lots of patience needed for these, and a bit of luck with the breeze!

LennyBloke

Link Posted 31/03/2019 - 19:56
Missed these earlier - just my sort of thing, thin DOF, blurry backgrounds, almost abstract - agree with the comments about seeing these hung at exhibition size
LennyBloke

Sry

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 13:55
Thank you Lenny, some will certainly end up hanging on a wall (my own, I'd wager) .
Last Edited by Sry on 01/04/2019 - 13:56

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 17:51
Fascinating series Serge... abstract, but anchored in the real (natural) world... love the curves on these, and the precise, and very shallow, dof... also the echoes of shapes and forms in the bokeh... particularly like how you've chosen to pinpoint the beauty of very precise, tiny elements... the implication being (for me) that there is beauty everywhere, if you choose to notice it... no.2, with the repeating shapes and complementary concentric circles is an absolute belter...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/04/2019 - 21:46
5 is just stunning
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax DFA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm HSM Macro - Sigma 50mm macro - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

MrB

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 00:02
Number 1 for me, just for the beauty in its simplicity.

Philip

Sry

Link Posted 02/04/2019 - 22:46
Thank you Bill for your insight and appreciation.
thingsthatihaveseen wrote:
there is beauty everywhere, if you choose to notice it...

I suppose that is so - at the very least, there is definitely something to be felt everywhere, if one chooses to let those feelings flow. I'm inclined to believe that does equate more or less to some form of beauty.
cardiffgareth wrote:
5 is just stunning

MrB wrote:
Number 1 for me, just for the beauty in its simplicity.

Thanks, Gareth and Philip. It's always great to have different people preferring different images - makes you feel they're all decent!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.