WTB: Gimbal head

nicolas1970i
Posted 31/03/2010 - 16:11 Link
Hi,

I'm looking for one of those two:
Manfrotto 393
Indian Sidekick-type Gimbal

Or maybe even this one (if heavily discounted :mrgreen:
Benro GH-A

I'd be happy to pay between 2/3 and 80% of the price new, depending on the model and condition.

Please PM me if you've got one to offer.
Edited by nicolas1970i: 31/03/2010 - 16:11
nicolas1970i
Posted 05/04/2010 - 20:50 Link
Still looking....
brownargus
Posted 16/04/2010 - 14:28 Link
If you go onto ebay and type "gimbal head" in the search box this brings up the Indian dealer "dvaccessory23" - current price is around £72.

john
Pentax K7, Pentax DFA 100 macro, Sigma 17-70 macro, Tamron 70-200 Di LD zoom macro, Vivitar 28 f2.8 CF, Tamron 500 mirror lens, Pentax 360FGZ flash, Panasonic FZ28
nicolas1970i
Posted 16/04/2010 - 15:17 Link
Yes, I know this seller, in fact I ended up buying that same head, but used, from the US... and ended up saving 5 quid! (postage was a lot more than it could have been).

I did get a much better bargain, imho, with this:
NEW BWG-J2 Black Widow Jr 2 Gimbal Tripod Head by Jobu

I ended up paying just under 120£ delivered (avoided import duties), and it's already sitting here with me - looks very good, and it's actually light!
I haven't received the indian one yet, will try out both, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up keeping the Jobu, as it's significantly lighter than the other (looking at the specs), and it can also be used without the removable swing-arm, for smaller telephotos set-ups.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo