Woodland Textures

Utopia Poppy
Posted 08/11/2009 - 22:24 Link
Went to Burnham Beeches a couple of weeks ago and I've just got round to looks at the photos. Here are a few showing the diverse textures and patterns that can be found if you look in the right places! I think they were all taken with my 35mm macro on the K10D. C&C as always guys...

1.
Comment Image


2.
Comment Image


3.
Comment Image


4.
Comment Image


5.
Comment Image


6.
Comment Image


Fiona
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep". ~Scott Adams

Q | Various Q lenses & filters | KP | 35mm 2.8 Macro
aminstar
Posted 09/11/2009 - 07:47 Link
Nice set Fiona, number 2 and 4 bing my favourite ones of the set.
The textures came out looking extremely nice and I really like the way it jumps to you the moment you look at it. The OOF areas are superb and just enhances the image concentrating the eye on the focused subject very well.

Love the colours too,
Utopia Poppy
Posted 09/11/2009 - 07:57 Link
Thanks Amin. I'm particularly pleased with no. 4 as it was taken handheld whilst kneeling on the ground, in low light with no flash, so the shutter speed was a little slow. I was reluctant to use flash as the natural light that day was ideal.

Fiona
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep". ~Scott Adams

Q | Various Q lenses & filters | KP | 35mm 2.8 Macro
aminstar
Posted 09/11/2009 - 08:24 Link
Fiona, the more I look at these images the more I find the number 2 as being absolutely stunning. You know that feeling that you want to look at an image, absorb it from different angles and know that there are more things that you want to let it sink within you because there is a lot more that the image has that meets the eye. The neurons in the brains are just working out and then slowly you start observing and feeling the full impact of the image, compared to sometimes some images that give you that immediate impact and that's it, its all that it conveys. For me certain music also works in this way, and then slowly it sinks in and you end up absolultely loving it. I do this sometimes with images that I take and at first do not feel any impact but if I sense that it might have something more that I cannot immediately notice I leave it on and then come back to it again, and often I end up finding these images are some of my best from the batch.

Your second image is just like that. I like it and very very much. Its one of those images I would love to have it hanging on my wall .

Now please get me that phone number for the man in the white coat.
Edited by aminstar: 09/11/2009 - 08:25
thoughton
Posted 09/11/2009 - 10:37 Link
Numbers 4 and 6 for me. In number 6 I might have focussed on a slightly closer branch, but it's a minor niggle. Really like these two

I like number 2 as well, but it seems a little underexposed.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo