Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Winter Wonderland

carmagw
Posted 24/01/2013 - 10:08 Link
Few from a stroll last Monday when the snow was fresh.
K5ii + DA*16-50

No 1
Comment Image

No2
Comment Image

No 3
Comment Image

No 4
Comment Image

No 5Comment Image

No 6
Comment Image

No 7
Comment Image

C&C welcome.

Regards

George
ASa
Posted 24/01/2013 - 10:35 Link
I kinda like your overly simplified approach, especially the first and last work for me. However on the fourth one the white vignetting effect is kinda annoying. The second has a really unique appearance, it almost seems like someone dropped that building over the fresh snow.

Overall a nice series.
Recently aquired LBA.
carmagw
Posted 28/01/2013 - 12:54 Link
Thanks for your comments. I see what you mean by the vignetting effect in 4, probably is too much.

Regards

George
davidstorm
Posted 29/01/2013 - 00:08 Link
I like these very much George. The IQ is excellent, they are all very 'clean' and the compositions appeal to me. I particularly like the man with the umbrella, but all of them are good. BTW, I don't mind the vignette at all.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
aliengrove
Posted 29/01/2013 - 00:23 Link
A very nice set of shots. I particularly like #2. I'd correct the distortion and chop a bit off the left hand side to lose that slightly darker bit. The colour of the building works very well with the monochrome look of the rest of the image. I'd probably also try cloning out the foreground bench.

#4 is a beautiful shot,the colour in the trees works very well with the monochrome snow. I really like the composition. I don't think it needs the vignette.

#5 looks great with colourful brolly, but it's too central. Perhaps a bit cropped off the bottom and left of the frame, putting the brolly on a third, would improve it.

#7 is another interesting shot, with the brown contrasted withe snow, and on it's own I'd probaly really like it, but the others are so much better.

1, 3 and 6 are nowhere near as good as the rest imo, though #1 would look ok on it's own.
Edited by aliengrove: 29/01/2013 - 00:27

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.